Alternator keeps going out

wayloneva

CarAudio.com Newbie
utah
My truck keeps dying even after installing a new battery and alternator. The new alternator only lasted about 2 weeks I only have an 800w amp should I get a higher output alternator or is there something else that could be causing the problem

I know at one time a few years back .. maybe 4 yrs ago, I had a 2002 Honda Hatch SI that my alt went out. I went to Orileys to pick up one, and placed the Batt on a charger(Bnew) to get it ready to install two days later during the weekend. put all in. The next morning, the car was dead as a doornail. Charged batt again, and it started up.. Then I took the alt out took it to Orileys and had it tested. it was bad.. they had one more left in stock and we tested it.., it was bad. They had another alt. located about 8 miles from me. I asked to test it before I spent my time going there and fuel cost. It was bad. After about 6 Orileys, all did not work and were bad. I went to A.Zone, and they tested one, it was no good, tried another and it was good. What a PITA that was to go through and these were supposed to be BNEW alts not referbs.
Just goes to show just how Poor Quality Control is these days and those had a Pass certified tag on them?? Really??

Dude, that's craaazy!

To the O P

Do you have a multimeter? The video posted earlier about parasitic drain is great.

You need to do a few tests with multimeter. We can elaborate if you want to try them. Otherwise it's time to take it to a mechanic.

Last edited:
Who's worked up? Is that what you need to tell yourself, or is that your best attempt at being a trolling 5 year old? I think you've made it to your life goal, and long ago graduated from unapologetic prick, to pathetic *******.

If you weren't just making an effort to be a jackass, you SHOULD realize how incredibly stupid this comment is. You just said "people should know what's wrong about a subject, before they know anything about that subject". What is wrong with you?

It's amazing how ridiculous it is that you try and say someone else is insecure; when you aren't even here to help anyone, you're just here to try to tell people they are wrong.
I always stand by my words. You must have caught some rob since you are so eager to argue. As much as I hate analogies, I think they might help you understand, because you are clearly having a tough time.

If you go to the doctor with a broken finger, and the doctor suggests cutting it off, would you go with it?

If you go to a mechanic with a leaking oil pan, and the mechanic wants to replace your engine, would you trust him?

I could go on, but HOPEFULLY you get the point. The internet is full of information. Being somewhat informed prevents you for being misled and taken advantage of. I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who burns his car down because he had no idea what he was doing and took advice from a post on the internet, especially with how much time people spend staring at their phones these days.

I'm here mostly to kill time, but I think I'm pretty helpful. Again, please point out a single post of mine that can be proven factually incorrect. While you're at it, I'd love to know the difference between a gain knob and a volume knob, mister parrot! You are so convinced you know everything that you have stopped learning.

I always stand by my words. You must have caught some rob since you are so eager to argue. As much as I hate analogies, I think they might help you understand, because you are clearly having a tough time.

If you go to the doctor with a broken finger, and the doctor suggests cutting it off, would you go with it?

If you go to a mechanic with a leaking oil pan, and the mechanic wants to replace your engine, would you trust him?

I could go on, but HOPEFULLY you get the point. The internet is full of information. Being somewhat informed prevents you for being misled and taken advantage of. I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who burns his car down because he had no idea what he was doing and took advice from a post on the internet, especially with how much time people spend staring at their phones these days.

I'm here mostly to kill time, but I think I'm pretty helpful. Again, please point out a single post of mine that can be proven factually incorrect. While you're at it, I'd love to know the difference between a gain knob and a volume knob, mister parrot! You are so convinced you know everything that you have stopped learning.
You're still being petty, your analogies aren't even close, and your response lacks any form of integrity. That's pretty damn disingenuous to say that you help people, but then when people need help, and someone else makes it worse for them, your response is "screw em, that's their fault for wanting help, and listening".

Dude, that's craaazy!

To the O P

Do you have a multimeter? The video posted earlier about parasitic drain is great.

You need to do a few tests with multimeter. We can elaborate if you want to try them. Otherwise it's time to take it to a mechanic.
Ya man.. That was a real mess!! What a waste of my time running all over the damnned Metroplex for a Stock $250 alternator??? Now I have had a weird experience with my 2008 HHT LT with battery drainage within two days sitting.swapping Batteries and Alts(stock) and to find out that it was the Starter draining my battery and took 4 of those to find a properly working one also.(BNEW) not rebuilt or a referb.

You're still being petty, your analogies aren't even close, and your response lacks any form of integrity. That's pretty damn disingenuous to say that you help people, but then when people need help, and someone else makes it worse for them, your response is "screw em, that's their fault for wanting help, and listening".
Now you're annoying me because you are attacking me personally without addressing anything I've said.

Show me a single post I've made that's factually wrong.. PLEASE!

Tell me the difference between gain knob on an an amp and volume knob on an amp.

You're out of your league, mister parrot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...