Getting Started Bug Build 2.0

Shame you didn't also meter at the dash too. I'd be very interested to see how different the old Bug meters high and low. It's such an oddball vehicle.

My single 15" in my other Black bug did a 143.8 from the windshield. I'm thinking that it might be higher from the windshield because the windshield is almost completely vertical.

Last edited:
My single 15" in my other Black bug did a 143.8 from the windshield. I'm thinking that it might be higher from the windshield because because the windshield is almost completely vertical.
I'm wondering that myself. I have never heard of anything that loses at the kick but I'm pretty sure some vehicles gain only a little.

Shame you didn't also meter at the dash too. I'd be very interested to see how different the old Bug meters high and low. It's such an oddball vehicle.

The guy who metered after me wasn't happy. He had a single 12" Sundown ZV6 on a 5K Cerwin Vega amp in a Ford Explorer and got a 142.4. He was trying hard though, I'll give him that. He had that Sundown hot and stinky. I'm sure my cabin size gave me an advantage.

The guy who metered after me wasn't happy. He had a single 12" Sundown ZV6 on a 5K Cerwin Vega amp in a Ford Explorer and got a 142.4. He was trying hard though, I'll give him that. He had that Sundown hot and stinky. I'm sure my cabin size gave me an advantage.
I won a bass race against a 15 on double my watts using 2 8s once. He actually quit before through the race even began after his 15 inch setup was put against mine in the first round. My 8s only hit 139.7 on initial metering that day, which was actually perfect for a bass race. He was just so mad that he was put into the same class as 2 8s. Full grown men can get nutty with this stuff.

Last edited:
I won a bass race against a 15 on double my watts using 2 8s once. He actually quit before through the race even began after his 15 inch setup was put against mine in the first round. My 8s only hit 139.7 that day, which was actually perfect for a bass race. He was just so mad that he was put into the same class as 2 8s. Full grown men can get nutty with this stuff.

The dudes whole attitude changed after his $800 12" couldn't beat the two 8's. My subs and amp cost less than his sub. He even had one of those JY HP40 lithium batteries in the back of his explorer. I have one bank of lithium and a 55 amp alternator. I really didn't think that we were competing, but he left almost right after he metered. We metered my truck again just for shitts and giggles (147.9). No lithium in the truck yet.

I won a bass race against a 15 on double my watts using 2 8s once. He actually quit before through the race even began after his 15 inch setup was put against mine in the first round. My 8s only hit 139.7 on initial metering that day, which was actually perfect for a bass race. He was just so mad that he was put into the same class as 2 8s. Full grown men can get nutty with this stuff.

That's funny! We might build a new sub box for the bug. We think it's too big. When I open the passenger door with the music playing the subs start doing weird shitt and the bass almost disappears.

That's funny! We might build a new sub box for the bug. We think it's too big. When I open the passenger door with the music playing the subs start doing weird shitt and the bass almost disappears.
You could try a loading wall if you have the room. I did a loading wall on my 2 DD 8s in my s10 and it made a decent difference. I basically just built a panel a few inches from the front of the subs. I never did meter those subs to test if there was a difference, but it sounded better.

Thanks man! It's two of those AB HD8's on 3,000 watts @ 2 ohms. Sundown SIA3500. They have a lot of excursion.
I seriously looked at those for my setup. I still haven’t chosen. I went with my sound quality daily driver build first, which I always do, but I made sure I have plenty of power in reserve. I’m running a 300 watt sub on 1400 right now. And 2/0 gauge wiring reduced down to fit everything in case I want to jump up to 2000-2500 later, the wiring is already solid for it. I’d really love to try 8 of these Dayton audio ultimax 8s sealed on 2500. These things get nasty on 300 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...