Getting Started Bug Build 2.0

Got the Lishen all balanced and assembled! Haven't charged it yet, but looks good!

20210520_193908.jpg
20210520_193822.jpg

I just think the SSA and Sundown 8’s are better for that OP’s application. Nothing wrong with the 8’s you have but they require a lot of space.

I just think the SSA and Sundown 8’s are better for that OP’s application. Nothing wrong with the 8’s you have but they require a lot of space.

Are you drunk or stoned, or both? I am the OP of this thread. And, what makes you think that my subs require a lot of air space? .75-1.0 cubic feet is pretty standard for an 8" subwoofer.

People on here don't like American Bass that much either.
My issue with them is that over the last 8 years or so they've put out a lot of absolute garbage product lines. I've seen plenty of their high end products in some very big and nice builds and it's as good as every other Korea/Chinese catalog company sells.

My issue with them is that over the last 8 years or so they've put out a lot of absolute garbage product lines. I've seen plenty of their high end products in some very big and nice builds and it's as good as every other Korea/Chinese catalog company sells.
It took me a long time to trust Rockford Fosgate again after they started putting out that garbage in the early 2000's. It didn't matter about all the great stuff they had put out prior to that it still lingers in the back of my mind.
Even though a lot of people like they newer stuff they have put out I still don't know if I would buy an amp or subs from them. Anything after the pyramid shaped ones to me is suspect to me.
I'm not saying that the current stuff they are putting out is bad, I'm saying it's a mental thing and it takes time to build that trust up. If it was just one or two bad products then maybe but it was a few years of crap after the DEI buyout
It just takes time to build that trust back up and the corporate people don't get that, all they see is dollar signs.
PPI, Phoenix Gold, and although Orion is trying hard to get back to the company they once were my first reaction is to not trust them

What are you going to do about the front speakers this time
I know you made those boxes last time and said that fiberglass wouldn't mix with the interior but if you wrap them in vinyl they would probably blend a lot better instead of having that painted look which is what I'm guessing you're avoiding

What are you going to do about the front speakers this time
I know you made those boxes last time and said that fiberglass wouldn't mix with the interior but if you wrap them in vinyl they would probably blend a lot better instead of having that painted look which is what I'm guessing you're avoiding

We're going to build carpeted kick panels with an 8" mid and tweeter in each one. We're also going to put 6-½" coaxials in the rear quarter panels. Hoping to finish the build early next week. Thanks for asking man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...