Getting New Sports Car!!! Mustang? Camaro? Firebird?

Originally posted by RangerMan My dad has a 69 SS Camaro...has not been run in years...I love that car to death...the GT-40 will be in production in 2005!!! I'll put you up to the challenge with my uncle's Charger...520 raw horses, no super here...9.6-9.77 in the quarter...2 years ago. Since then it has been tweaked more and more
I don't know the guys name, but I know where he lives, my stepfather did the paint job on his mustang...

1200 dyno'd and documented HP, he'll pull 9.2's without breaking a sweat (or into the nitrus).. so, feel free.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm pretty much 100% positive your uncle needs more than 520 hp to pull mid 9's with that heavy vehicle, I'd ask him again how much is sitting under there...

Originally posted by jlaine  

Who thinks you can just slap a chip on a SVT cobra and achieve 500 hp?

Most chips are a joke - mainly timing tweakers- , and I know the new cobra isn't even out yet?? No firm price has been given if memory serves me correctly, just something around 36K wasn't it?

Either way, I call bs on pullies and chips bringing it to 500hp, especially if we are talking safely and reliably...

There is one thing to say about the new SVT cobra... at least now mustang buyers don't have to spend a fortune actually making that nasty car fast...
I'll have to agree with you there...were looking at between 430-450 hp...

Originally posted by jlaine I don't know the guys name, but I know where he lives, my stepfather did the paint job on his mustang...

1200 dyno'd and documented HP, he'll pull 9.2's without breaking a sweat.. so, feel free.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
9.2 with raw hp??? That's a helluva car!!!

Originally posted by RangerMan  

9.2 with raw hp??? That's a helluva car!!!
I'm forgetting his name, I think it is scott something.. He lives in the Grand Rapids area.. if you ever go to BIR during muscle car shootout weekend during July, you'll see him there... him and his buddy who owns a 67 vette that does mid 9's spend most of the day running against each other... both are very nice guys.... some really crazy auto performance tweakers, and they always have time to stop and talk about their cars... something I respect about them...

Yea most chips on the market do **** some major ass and really make no performance improvments but the ones where you take them to a shop and have them burn it in your computer to your specs now those work well really well I had mine done and on the dyno i gained 42 horse power and 65ft lbs of trq I mean I forked over 230 dollars but besides nos where else can you get 40 ponys for 230 bucks? No where as for the pulleys they actully work as well I put a set and also noticed a big diffrence really in torque and throttle response IMO. I mean they wont give it 30 more horses like they say they do but I bet that they will give it a good 15-20. I mean they can burn them up to 100 more horsepower I mean they will cost you but they actully do work but aftermarket box chips do **** and the only ones I have found to work well are the diablo and they work quite well its not hard to achive 110 more horses. K@N filter, chip, pulleys and removed silencer and theres your 110 hps easy. Plus its just like any other product on the market if pulleys didnt work, chips, filters ect if they dont work then why do they sell tell me that?

Originally posted by jlman . Plus its just like any other product on the market if pulleys didnt work, chips, filters ect if they dont work then why do they sell tell me that?
Marketing voodoo....

If you can feel a performance difference from a filter, you are giving into the voodoo... all the dyno reports have shown squat for gain... you get better gas mileage at the pump, which makes them worth it IMO, but for HP gain? No way...

Dude this is a on going battle to see who is right and whos opinion is right I mean i respect your opinion and understand that you cant tell a diffrence but there is I can feel it I was talking about a stock motor you ever taken a stock motor threw in a K@N filter and drove it there is better throttle response and off the line torque I mean not a whole lot but you can tell and no I am not in the product voodoo I know whats **** and what works and trust me pulleys certain chips and K@N filters do work some will agree some will disagree but thes just my opinon and yours I can respect as well. Oh yea and marketing voodoo I mean if one person bought a filter and it didnt work at all for them they would tell friends and friends would tell other friends now think about this all over the country then no one would buy filters and the company would be no more but they actully do work and give a dyno proven horsepower increase I too was scepticale then bought one a few years back they worked and I have bought them for all my cars ever since plus they filter a whole hell of alot better and you can use them for 1,000,000 miles.

filters help but 10% gains in hp are very outlandish ..what they do take a stock filter and plug it up with silly putty? a turbo ***** in air a super charger ***** in air a blower suckes in air..all to gain 15-50% more power the filter might make a response a lil faster but i highly doubt the power aspect.... things like this work but things like filters are a side accessory to give you back mileage and help it breath a lil better. and watch out for chips i seen more than 1 chip mess up a car enough to spend 300-500 smackers to get it to run propperly with that chip..as far as the car goes i'd get a neon r/t 2002 and beef it up just a tad then beat up on the camaros and stang's lol in an ercklemobile

By replacing the stock filter with a K&N filter, you might gain 1-8hp MAX. Were talking about just replacing the filter here, not getting a whole new intake. I myself dont notice a difference with a K&N filter.

You can't feel a 10 hp gain(If you even get that). The only reason you think you feel it is because you just put it in and and you have already talked yourself into the fact that you are going to get a significant gain from it.

Anyway...back to the Cobra arguement...I would still pick it over a SS...air filter or not!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by RangerMan Anyway...back to the Cobra arguement...I would still pick it over a SS...air filter or not!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lmao!

I'd just add a supercharger to the SS and murder your cobra.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by jlaine  

lmao!

I'd just add a supercharger to the SS and murder your cobra.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'd just add a GT-40 and beat the SS...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by RangerMan  

I'd just add a GT-40 and beat the SS...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'd just add a ....dam you got me there:nono: , lol. I'd just add a Civic with a 2 6" pipes, a 3 level bookshelf wing, obnoxious body kit and paint job, lowering springs that are just cut in half stock springs, and cant forget the NOS with the completley stock 1.2L, then I would beat your ass off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.