Getting New Sports Car!!! Mustang? Camaro? Firebird?

anyone got a link for info on that king snake?

the only one i could find was a 2000 king snake model...

nothing on the car and driver website, nuthin at all.....

Just to clear up a few things.

Camaro SS from 98 on have at least 320 HP, and at most 345 HP (depending on the year) from the factory, not 310, that'd be a plain old Z28. Between a equally equiped Firehawk and a SS or a TA and a Z28, the difference would come down to driver, and what kind of engine they got from the factory (not every motor that comes off the line will perform the same).

The only Cobra I'd get would be a 2003 (if you can get one), the rest are poor attempts at muscle cars (though the 2001 was a big improvement). However, for what it'd cost you to get a 2003 Cobra, you could bot a supercharger on a SS or a Hawk and put down more then 400 HP.

Finding these cars will be another thing. If you want a new F-body (Camaro or Firebird), you'll have to scour the dealer lots for one as they are not taking orders for them anymore (at least not the V8's). Supposedly, the next gen Mustang is supposed to be out in 2004, you might try that. The rumors are flying that the F-body will be back in 2005 (depending on how the C6 is received next year).

You can't go wrong anyway you go. We need people to keep the V8 sports car tradition alive.

I have heard reports of friends of friends that the Camaro WILL be back for 2005, but the Bird is still being considered...however, if the economy continues to deflate, there might not be a 2005 Camaro. And I have seen drawings of the new stangs and can we say TIGHT??? Ford is also trying to build a "super car" from what I have heard...ya know like the Viper and Vette. Just a rumor, nothing has been said for sure...but the rumor is, it will be the major kick ass GT-40!!!!!!

I saw the GT-40 at the car show, oooowwiiiee, that **** was rawwwwww, that thing looked so fukin ill, i dont even know what to say, and there was this fine ass ***** who was telling us about it, so that made it even better.... lol

Are you sure you really want to get that SS over the new Cobra? I sure as hell would'nt now that I read this monthes issue of Mustangs and Fast fords. They did a pony car death match with the 2003 mustang and 2002 SS and Guess who won???? The Cobra Quater Mile in 12.79/106.39mph and the SS did a 1/4 mile at 13.252/106.42 mph. the SS has 325 hps and 350 lbs or trq compared to the cobras 390 hps and 290 ft lbs of trq. The Cobra redlines at 6500rpm compared to the 6200 in the SS and the Cobras 390 was also electronically limited so they stated and could of got quite a few more ponys out of it. The Cobra won in the Drag race everytime and the conclusion of the article said "Finally after taking a backseat to F bodys since 1998 the Cobra nbow the clear Champion. Which brings us to the olds saw, it does'nt matter if you lose a few battles as long as you win the war." I would read up on this article before going and buyin the SS I was sure impressed with the new Stang.

jlmans right, i would get that new cobra over that ss. Ive only driven the v6 versions of the mustang and firebird, but from a comfort point of view and driveability, i would take the mustang over the bird anyday. That firebird is too **** uncomfortable, seating two in the back is a nightmare while the mustang you actually have headroom in the back. Another thing is majority of peeps in firebirds and camaros have autos(not sticks cause they are P*ssies) while ford offers more sticks than gm does. PLus ford is more creative with their cars with tweaking the suspension and engine. SO what that the previous mustangs weren't as fast as those hog camaro and t/as? Wheres the camaro and firebird now? Extinguished bc it wouldn't sell bc the mustang was a better all around car, and now they own the sport car market and make the camaro ss look like crap with their new cobra.

Originally posted by jlman Are you sure you really want to get that SS over the new Cobra? I sure as hell would'nt now that I read this monthes issue of Mustangs and Fast fords. They did a pony car death match with the 2003 mustang and 2002 SS and Guess who won???? The Cobra Quater Mile in 12.79/106.39mph and the SS did a 1/4 mile at 13.252/106.42 mph. the SS has 325 hps and 350 lbs or trq compared to the cobras 390 hps and 290 ft lbs of trq. The Cobra redlines at 6500rpm compared to the 6200 in the SS and the Cobras 390 was also electronically limited so they stated and could of got quite a few more ponys out of it. The Cobra won in the Drag race everytime and the conclusion of the article said "Finally after taking a backseat to F bodys since 1998 the Cobra nbow the clear Champion. Which brings us to the olds saw, it does'nt matter if you lose a few battles as long as you win the war." I would read up on this article before going and buyin the SS I was sure impressed with the new Stang.
And with the price variance (SS to cobra) I can sink about 5,000 dollars in performance parts into a SS before the cost ratio is the same... by the time I do that, the cobra is toast...

I fail to see how they won the war, they've been repetitively had their arse's handed to them on a platter for years on end, and still will from people with Fbody's and a serious desire to make a mustang kiss their posterior... Recall your pony is already supercharged... I can supercharge mine and make you wish you never met me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 470hp anyone? buh-bye cobra...

Originally posted by jlaine  

And with the price variance (SS to cobra) I can sink about 5,000 dollars in performance parts into a SS before the cost ratio is the same... by the time I do that, the cobra is toast...

I fail to see how they won the war, they've been repetitively had their arse's handed to them on a platter for years on end, and still will from people with Fbody's and a serious desire to make a mustang kiss their posterior... Recall your pony is already supercharged... I can supercharge mine and make you wish you never met me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 470hp anyone? buh-bye cobra...
And when the GT-40 comes out, I will be glad to hand ANY F-Body/Corvette owner their asses back...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But look at it this way its a 4.6L the SS has quite a few cubes on it. So today if they still made the 5.0s or even put a 5.8 in em they would kill the SS's without the supercharger. I mean even the new ones they say a chip and pulleys will bring the stang up to if not over 500 horses and thats only like 300 dallors worth of stuff I still say Cobra.

Originally posted by RangerMan  

And when the GT-40 comes out, I will be glad to hand ANY F-Body/Corvette owner their asses back...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
And when the concept car actually becomes a reality, you come visit me... I have 2 people for sure that drive f-bodies that can hand your butt right back to you, and theirs are actually real... not just showroom specs right now.... I'll even arrange for my stepfather to break out his 68 rs with his modified keith black edition 396 stroker kit in it.. We'll see how far the concept gets amidst the raw muscle we have floating around here... should be fun... Until you can do low 9's. which I know it will not do, I know muscle tuners around me that will chew you alive on the track.... I will say one thing though, that is kind of a pretty car... I'm not totally into the curves, but it's a world better than the mudstain...

Originally posted by jlman But look at it this way its a 4.6L the SS has quite a few cubes on it. So today if they still made the 5.0s or even put a 5.8 in em they would kill the SS's without the supercharger. I mean even the new ones they say a chip and pulleys will bring the stang up to if not over 500 horses and thats only like 300 dallors worth of stuff I still say Cobra.
Who thinks you can just slap a chip on a SVT cobra and achieve 500 hp?

Most chips are a joke - mainly timing tweakers- , and I know the new cobra isn't even out yet?? No firm price has been given if memory serves me correctly, just something around 36K wasn't it?

Either way, I call bs on pullies and chips bringing it to 500hp, especially if we are talking safely and reliably...

There is one thing to say about the new SVT cobra... at least now mustang buyers don't have to spend a fortune actually making that nasty car fast...

My dad has a 69 SS Camaro...has not been run in years...I love that car to death...the GT-40 will be in production in 2005!!! I'll put you up to the challenge with my uncle's Charger...520 raw horses, no super here...9.6-9.77 in the quarter...2 years ago. Since then it has been tweaked more and more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.