System-What should I get?

EclipseSysN00B

Austin
Hello everyone(first time poster), Im getting a complete system for my 96 eclipse including amp, CD reciever, and all my speakers changed(no subs). I dont know much about this kind of stuff, so maybe you guys could help me out. I plan to spend about $800 more or less on this system, 250-reciever, 200-amp, 350-speakers. I don't really know what brands are good and what brands are crap. My stock speakers in my car are: in-dash-4", front doors-6 3/4", rear seat sidepanel-6 3/4". What kind of speakers should I get for these places(woofer? mids?) and what brands? Also, what kind of amp should I get? Im thinking about getting this reciever...

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-u8cdOi4rQ3o/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=300&I=113KDC4019&o=m&a=1

It seems like it has decent power, so I dont really know, but im thinkin i should just get a 2 ch amp to run my back speakers with and let the reciever handle the other 4 maybe?

Also what I want from this sytem is mainly good clean loud sound haha, well I want clean bass, but I dont want big subs that id have to buy a box and new alternator for, so im stickin to just replacing my speakers. Any suggestions?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Well...clean loud bassy sound are possibly without HUGE enclosures and everything, but i think your asking a little much to get ALL of that for around 800 anyway.

but what id say for speakers is go with infinity kappa's or something similar to that

I would stick with pioneer premiere or alpine on the head unit, that is if you want nice clean bass. For the speakers definitley go with the Infinity kappa's. You also know not to order from crutcfield too, right?

There are alot of other places where you can get a good price and good quality service. There is another thread, I think its called "i got an idea", which has people's opinions on online shops.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.