Getting New Sports Car!!! Mustang? Camaro? Firebird?

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

I am getting a new sports car because right now I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport and I love the hell out of it and it has be the best truck ever to me but I hate losing races and a supercharger will still not make it fast enough. So, I decided to get an AMERICAN sports car instead. My three top choices are in the subject of this post. I have test driven a Firebird and the only drawback I saw was leg room. I am 6' 3"!!! I am going to test drive the Mustang and Camaro soon in the hopes of more leg room. So I broke them down and did the Pros and Cons of each. Please give me some input on which I should get and why. I have a 23K budget so I am going to get a new-looking used one, so like 1999 to 2001.

Mustang:

Pros - From what I have seen the are the best to modify. The SVTs and Cobras and Rousches all look magnificent.

-Least expensive.

Cons - Smallest engine, therefore less HP, slowest, etc...

-Least sporty looking at stock than the rest.

Firebird:

Pros - Same engine as Camaro but if it has Ram-Air then it is faster than the Camaro SS. So... Best potential.

-Most sporty looking (in my humble opinion).

-From what I have seen, more expensive than the Mustang but less than the Camaro.

Cons - Hard to find: Pontiac is the smallest of the three companies.

-Not enough leg room!

-Low resale from what I have seen.

Camaro:

Pros - Same as Firebird but very large engine for its type.

-Made by large company.

Cons - Most expensive (for SS)

So from the basic layout that I have made for you guys that do not know much about these three cars plz tell me which of the three I should get. Thanks!

I cant give an unbiased opinion because ya know I'm all up with Camaro's. Just to let you know though, you wouldnt go wrong with a Camaro. What years are you looking at?

Oh whoops, I missed the last sentence of your post...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif But anyway, 1999 Camaro SS:) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

first off, the camaro will prolly have the same leg room as the firechicken seeing as how they are almost the same car.....what ever you do do not buy a mustang. they really aren't that fast compred to the chev's.....i have seen both race and lets say the mustang was left in the dust.....i have seen talons race 5.0's and kick the living crap out of them.....

Well if you have an extra 11-14 grand laying around pick up an 03 Cobra. I would really compare a GT to an SS, maybe a Cobra to an SS, but not a GT. I personally like Mustang but love the 03 Aniversary Yellow Trans Am, but very expensive. Pick up a Mustang trader and there is a 98 Cobra that has been redone that has over 500 horspower with low miles. They want like 21grand for it. Its really nice, side exhaust,black convertable. If your looking for stock performance I would go Trans Am.

Here is the scoop: if you wanna wait I would get the new 2003 Mustang Cobra. 390 hp, Six speed manual, and a guaranteed good time. That is if you are willing to wait. You are looking at my next car right here:

http://www.stangnet.com/2003cobramustang/2003cobraoverview.html

That is all the facts on it right there.

Now, this car's rumor is the reason behind me not getting a SS Camaro. If you can't wait, obviously get the SS Camaro. I am going to sell my Ranger whenever I get a good deal on it. Form there, I will buy another truck, and let the rest of the money sit in the bank and wait for the new Cobra. This thing is going to dust the competition, it is just a matter of time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For what you are going to pay for that cobra, you can buy a Firebird or camaro and have about 10K spare for modifications, which will make the f body eat that thing for dinner, in both the 1/4 and handling...

I'm 6' and have no problems sitting in my '00 'bird, even with the manual I have plenty of leg room.

I'm for the bird... I hate the SS camaro's new look...

camaro all the way! ive raced so many mustangs, and always theve lacked in all aspects. the new camaros are no question more powerful, and less chinsy. Also, i too am 6'3", and sitting in a 99 camaro ss, i feel so comfortable. i had the same problem as u, with most sport cars. but cams just fit me well. Good luck with your choice!

oh by the way, im racing a 89 iroc with about 350 horse, so its comparable to a new camaro.

You wanna know why the cameros are so much more powerful? Well they have 50 cubic inches on the 5.0 they have a 6speed trans compared to the 5 mustang. I would take a 5.0 over a camero anay why? They handle alot better. Have a broader powerband (Easier to drive) compared to the tire squeling camero I mean really what daily driver goes 150+ every day? I sure dont and I doubt you do either. You take a older mustang put a 1000 dollars in the motor and you will be killing those z28s. IMO the Mustang is a better bulit and better handling car and is much more forgiving in corners unlike the camero. And if talons are beating 5.0s its gotta be the driver or the talons are turbocharged those turbo talons would suprise you with a 5spd those lil things are quick as hell. I would go with the older mustangs they stop makin the 5.0 in 96 now all there is 4.6L in em and they do **** I mean how can they compete with 350lt1s? Well i guess they dont have to anymore. I also think the firedbirds are ugly as hell excpet for the ram air trans ams. It was kind of funny this rich lil puck pulled up next to me in a intersection and started revving his brand new camero ss up thinkin he was bad lil did he know I had more than 400hp at the rear wheels easily thats just a small guess probally around 25-35 more in there and my car inst done yet so it looks like a stock 1990 stang GT 5.0 So I did the same revved her to the moon he was too stupid to hear the diffrnece in the stock 5.0 and the over 400hp one so at the green light we took off of couse he had the hole shot for 2-3 seconds I was sittin burnning my tires off but I would of liked to seen his face when I passed him like he was a old couple and was out of sight in a around 20 seconds I had it floored at around 135 lol on the hwy and could'nt see him anymore so I would say that i well enough beat him and that cameros are beatable easily with a lil money in your car. And you will say hey we are faster and have to do no mods but you also have 50 cis over us as well so the mustang would be the better choice and also they have a whole hell fo alot more aftermakrket parts that most cars on the market. But I did have a match the other day 2001 corvette zo6 lol. got my ass dusted by him. Hey why not one of those or a viper?

i'm with rangerman, hol doff for the new cobra...

i reada couple reviews on it, and it can take as erious run at the ///M3, performance wise....

and i swear to you, the M3 is my dream car, lol.

390 supercharged horses, incredibly fun to drive, i'll try to find taht article for ya, but i hear it handles incredibly, looks great too, plus, it shall blow your camaros (also a fantastic car) and firchickens straight up out of the water...

get a civic...with a B18C1 ....and add some turbo's and nos.

All that will cost the around 30-35 G's......then it'll burn a Viper GTS.

i've seen it at illegal street races....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.