Get low and loud sub convo between buddies...

I don't have a set range I just want something I can feel and hear more so than these 8s.....they work good but I ned to be honest they just aren't cutting it for "me". After having two 15s in my tahoe the 8s are hard to deal with.

Ok with that said....hate to mix it up...let's say one 12in sub in a ported box of around 1.5cubes ..somethin that can handle 1ohm and 1k watts daily without tearing apart in a few months....can get LOW and loud...but clean. We still talking gcon...dc lvl 3...or a custom sub from a known builder. The one that keeps coming up is SPL......so now any of those up against one 12in L7....discuss...
Check out PSI Car Audio | Subwoofers in all colors and flavors! American made, will blow most of those subs out of the water. For a 12'' Even with their off the shelf subs, a platform 1 would be in your price range and do 750rms, platform 2 1500rms and platform 3 2500rms.. /battle

PWE352 MB Quart 15" Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer PWE 352 1 Piece | eBay
american built with american parts amazing sq and the best deal on the web easily and only needs 1.5 cube sealed

3 inch coil made in the us by fosgate right before they sold out and went overseas. these are old stock
They are not made in America (how do you "know" this bit of information?). And just because they are made in America does not mean that they inherently possess gobs of sound quality for only that reason.

It is a pretty woofer though.

They are not made in America (how do you "know" this bit of information?). And just because they are made in America does not mean that they inherently possess gobs of sound quality for only that reason.
It is a pretty woofer though.
it said so on the manual and box as i own one. built by rockford fosgate

it said so on the manual and box as i own one. built by rockford fosgate
It may have been designed in America but every piece of that speaker was not made, cast, tooled, and assembled, in America. Rockford doesn't make many woofers 100% in the USA now-a-days. If they did the latter the cost would be MUCH higher!

It may have been designed in America but every piece of that speaker was not made, cast, tooled, and assembled, in America. Rockford doesn't make many woofers 100% in the USA now-a-days. If they did the latter the cost would be MUCH higher!
def an older speaker and im sure not all the parts are made in america like anything else you buy. I think it is also a older old stock speaker. dont have the manual on me right now to see the year built thats why they are so cheap. but non the less, a quality 3 inch coil sub for a price you cannot beat

Does engineered in the USA mean anything to you? Or does it have to be parts produced and assembled here?

"engineered in USA" is code for "made in China". Whatever...pretty much everything is anymore so get over it. We have been totally sold out the river. The only thing we manufacture here anymore for export is Federal Reserve Notes and death machines.

"engineered in USA" is code for "made in China". Whatever...pretty much everything is anymore so get over it. We have been totally sold out the river. The only thing we manufacture here anymore for export is Federal Reserve Notes and death machines.
Oh I know what it means... I was asking the op if it was really that important that it be made over here.

PSis are good as well. I have been following a few of thier bigger builds on youtube and what not. I have a ED 16Ov.2 that needing a recone so im looking into turning that into a D2 sub and may use it in a sealed box to see how it does in the Jeep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.