Get low and loud sub convo between buddies...

Umm....

Assembled? The entire w6v2 sub, all of it is made in Miramar......

I was just down there for a Lexus tech training class...which is in the same business complex as the JL manufacturing facility.

Yes, I had the tour and I got to watch a 10w6v3(yes a new one...) get made from near scratch.

Watched them wind the coil, use the lathes and tooling to make the motors(seen a w7 motor being built) and watched them make/form the cone as well....

And then I got to "finger bang" the sub when it was still "warm".
They get parts from over seas, not all parts but some. i know people that work there

just to show him whats up do a properly built ported box for a SA-8 v2 dont let him see it and he will be confused how a box thats about 1cu and only an 8 inch driver did that.

Thats funny cause i seen a palet of W7 motors come off a truck along with spiders
How long ago??

Because I can tell you first hand that they are now being made in house there. Like I said, I have seen this first hand, was there and touched the stuff...

Now you do know that at one point not to long ago, they had more than one building so yea, they would have crated stuff back and fourth.

Now they are in one VERY large building...

JL Audio » header » About JL Audio
Have a read....

If this is not true then they should be getting sued for false advertising.....
It says BUILT... Its false advertising with the posters they have that say made in the USA on them with a picture of a amp on it. Like they do have. Like I said, I know peope that work there, we debate about the US made thing all the time. They say "as long as the QC is good it dont matter where its built". Which is true

Well you "know" people......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Well I have SEEN first hand....

I would not be saying what I am saying with out FIRST HAND knowledge....

Second hand knowledge can well.....you know....

and lets see one of these posters that claim the amps are American made...

just to show him whats up do a properly built ported box for a SA-8 v2 dont let him see it and he will be confused how a box thats about 1cu and only an 8 inch driver did that.
I have two 8's now...not the Sundowns but again...thats not what we were trying to compare to.

Well you "know" people......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Well I have SEEN first hand....

I would not be saying what I am saying with out FIRST HAND knowledge....

Second hand knowledge can well.....you know....

and lets see one of these posters that claim the amps are American made...
I get that but this person works as Tech service in the FL building. You did not see them machining motors, baskets, and plates there.. That is all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I get that but this person works as Tech service in the FL building. You did not see them machining motors, baskets, and plates there.. That is all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
You are right, did not see them making baskets and plates but motors, yes.

but here is a pic of them making baskets at the FL building...

Engineering10.jpg

I need a drink.....would you like one to?

So back on topic...we have the Dc lvl 312...the ssa gcon12..and maybe the HDC3 12 or a custom sub....hows the audioque for daily listening..isnt it more spl? Not saying it wont play clean, just havent heard anyone refer to it as anything but a spl beast.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.