General build queries :D

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gravs

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey team,

I am new here and not sure if this is even the right thread so I apologise if not. I am looking at installing a full audio system (fronts, rears and subs) in a 1996 Honda Civic EK3 Hatchback. The most experience I have is doing two sub woofers and two 6x9's which is all run off the head unit with no amps (except for the subs). For this setup, I would like to do 6.5" fronts, 6x9 inch rears and x2 12 inch subwoofers. The subs and speakers are all going to be pioneer, however I am unsure about how the wiring works for having two amplifiers. Do I need a head unit with more than 1 set of pre outs or can I just use splitters? Do I need distro blocks for the amplifiers power and ground? Any diagrams or links that show images would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
P.S I would like to run the subs off a monoblock amplifier and the speakers off an A/B class 4 channel amp to get the best sound quality possible :D

For best results you should buy a head unit with multiple pre-amp outs. I'd be highly suspect of anything so cheap that it does not have this and it'll make the job of tuning things on the fly much simpler.

Separate power runs from the battery to each amp is optimum but assuming this is low-ish power distro blocks are acceptable. It is advised to ground each amplifier/accessory to a solid clean piece of the car frame/body with as short of a wire as possible.

IMO rear speakers are pretty worthless, I'd advise leave those out entirely and invest the money you were going to spend on those into a higher end set for your fronts.

Finally there's rarely a need to run multiple subwoofers until you have more power than one can handle. Use fewer woofers of larger size/quality if possible for best results. Also modern full range class D amplifiers (when run within their limits) will sound indistinguishable from class A/B, there is almost no good reason to buy class A/B over class D these days.

Okay. Thank you so much! I will run individual power / ground wires to each amp. If the front of the car has no dedicated spot for tweeters, what would you recommend? I will also take onto consideration your suggestion of no rears 😁

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...