Gaining voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list
Voltage is dependent on the regulator in your alternator. If you are asking about ways to prevent voltage DROP then no there really isn't. But if you want to know how to physically gain voltage, that has to do with your alternator (or if you have an aftermarket alt, the external regulator)

Not that I have used one, but isnt that what those voltage modules from companies like Missing Link Audio do? I thought the modules bypassed the car's CPU so you could run the alt a higher voltage. Like you guys said, no matter what you do some cars computers will never raise the voltage past a certain point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.