Proper way to deaden doors....need a little help

Imtjnotu
5,000+ posts

Me Gusta Edition
San Diego CA
ok guys im gonna go with SDS to do my doors....now the one thing i need help with is where do u put the MLV....

do i glue a layer just straight on to the CLD or do i lay glue it to the door panel

also would it help door panel vibration to lay a few CLD tiles to the panel itself instead of the door frame

you need a layer of foam in between the mlv and the tiles. Mlv works best when ''floating''
have to explain this in more detail bro.....not exactly how don put it cause thats whats confusing me
[/QUOTE]

Basically you don't want the mlv attached directly to any panel. You use the foam to diffuse the vibrations in the panel.

attach the cld to the panel, Glue a layer of closed cell foam, then glue the mlv. That makes sure it doesn't let the resonance in the panel pass through the mlv.

MLV needs to be "de-coupled" I believe it's called? So if I understand correctly, it'd be CLD, CCF, MLV. in that order.And I think deadening the inner door skin would help more than the actual plastic panel itself.
both should be done, but the door itself is what needs to be done most.

both should be done, but the door itself is what needs to be done most.
Well most certainly, but he was wondering what extra steps he could take. Was I correct in the application order though? I've always been confused about it myself... CLD, then CCF, and lastly MLV on top? And how do people tend to go about securing the CCF and MLV?

I emailed Don about some cld tiles earlier this week and never heard anything back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

That is the link they sent in the quote I received from them, regarding how to correctly put the stuff on... re: decoupling the CDTs from the MLV using CCF.
(All these fcuking acronyms reminds me of the military....)
Umm... I hate to sound like a complete noob, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif but what are CDTs and MLV?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.