front stage issues with 2 sa 15's

ok last question, what kind of processing network do i need to get for this? i have a pioneer avh-4700bs and it has a networking feature. do i need like a audiocontrol eq , or do i just use all the amps and leave the eq flat on the deck? because im going to get another 4 channel for tweets .

ok last question, what kind of processing network do i need to get for this? i have a pioneer avh-4700bs and it has a networking feature. do i need like a audiocontrol eq , or do i just use all the amps and leave the eq flat on the deck? because im going to get another 4 channel for tweets .
You can get a fancy digital sound processor or you can just use your current 4700bs unit in active mode hybrid crossovers with the amp.

The soundstream 900.4s have active crossovers.

Dont even bother getting any external EQs the head unit's EQ is way superior. More things in the signal line would just screw things up.

EQ should be set based on listening preferences. I'll guide you through it once you are done and are at that part of the install. There's a specific order you need to set things up with the tuning with pioneer head units.

with two 4 channels you need to decide now how you are gonna plan the RCAs.

you have 8 channels total, make the best use of them.

I would bridge one of the 4 channels onto the midrange in the kick yes if you get something like the PRV 6mr500 it'll handle every last watt easily. Then use the other 4 channel to power midbass and tweeter.

i already have a ppi 900.4 so ill bridge that for the prv 6mr500 in the kicks, then pick up like a pdx or something along those lines for the tweets and midbass. so far as rcas go, i gathered that i split the front rca's of the deck and send it for tweets and mid bass, and rear channels spilt it for the ppi 900.4 and the midrange. and once i get everything installed , if i can pm you so you can help me with the tuning process i would appreciate it.

can anyone help me with the rca setup? if running 8 channels is to much, i will op out for a 2 channel amp to make things easier. im kinda confused on how to set up the rca's and which channels to split. im getting a few pieces today, so anyhelp i can get with rca layout would be a big plus.

i already have a ppi 900.4 so ill bridge that for the prv 6mr500 in the kicks, then pick up like a pdx or something along those lines for the tweets and midbass. so far as rcas go, i gathered that i split the front rca's of the deck and send it for tweets and mid bass, and rear channels spilt it for the ppi 900.4 and the midrange. and once i get everything installed , if i can pm you so you can help me with the tuning process i would appreciate it.
no thats wrong.

there's no rear channel anymore after going active. its split into HIGH, MID and LOW

top two RCA is for tweeter only which will go to channel 1 and 2 on your alpine pdx. You split the next pair which is mid one pair will go to your 3 and 4 midbass channels on your pdx while the other pair will be split and used to bridge the 4 channel amp.

On the head unit for example you will have the tweeters crossed over at 3500hz high pass which means the tweets will play 3500hz and up. The mid will be low passed at 3500 and high passed at 80hz which means the mid rca channel will generate a signal that will only play 80hz to 3500hz however you do not have a way to split the midrange and midbass up unless you do it at that amps.

Id recommend buying another ppi or unless the alpine has active crossovers. You will need the alpine channel 1 and 2 for tweeters to be on high pass (to be a second barrier protection from low range frequencies) and you will also need the channel 3 and 4 to be on low pass around 500hz where the midbass stops at.

Then the ppi will be from 500hz to 3500hz for the midrange

the goal of active networks is to split the job of each speaker so they can do it efficienty and well. When crossed over right, they can handle a lot more power and have a lot more clarity and detail specializing in their job.

ok so just pick up another 900.4 ? so basically wanna make sure im understanding . so im only using the front input on headunit , so thats one pair of rca off the headunit, then i split that for the 4 channel for tweets and dedicated midbass, how do i hook up the other amp for midrange?

ok so just pick up another 900.4 ? so basically wanna make sure im understanding . so im only using the front input on headunit , so thats one rca of the headunit, then i split that for the 4 channel for tweets and dedicated midbass, how do i hook up the other amp if i dont use rear inputs off the hu?
read my post again. once you go in network mode the top pair of RCAs in the back of the head unit become "high". the middle pair become "mid" and the bottom pair become "low". Just watch this video and you'll see. Everything you knew about setting up RCA, is about to be rewritten you will no longer have front or rear at all.

TcwHbB.jpg

that helped so much , i think i know enough to be dangerous now lmao.
yeah basic principle of network mode is split the job and specialize.

you cannot have tweets and mids on the same pair of RCAs they have to be on their own pair of RCAs lumped into a group which is based on the frequencies they play. Full on segregation lol.

the same, i haven't bought everything i needed yet to change over to an active 3 way system. also one more question on the tweets, i see everyone that runs these prv mids ,runs super tweets, should i stick with silk? will the mids and bass drown out a silk tweet, or should i just go super tweets?

the same, i haven't bought everything i needed yet to change over to an active 3 way system. also one more question on the tweets, i see everyone that runs these prv mids ,runs super tweets, should i stick with silk? will the mids and bass drown out a silk tweet, or should i just go super tweets?
stick with silk, with proper placement, power, and tuning it'll be plenty loud

Just thought about you, wondering if we'd be graced with a progress update.

For a big sub set up like that you'll need more of a PA driver. Something with a sensativuty in the mid to high 90's and maybe even a super tweeter. If possible to make your doors fit an 8" driver would be even better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.