front stage issues with 2 sa 15's

blackga
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i currently have some rainbows in a 2006 trailblazer with 85 rms and its not cutting it. its getting drowned out bad. The tweeters are in the windshield pillar and midbass in the factory location. My question is should i go 3 way system with more power, or do i need to run 2 component speaker sets up front ? btw my 15's are getting 2500 rms. my budget is 400 and i prefer not to run horns, they seem hella harsh . thanks for the help.

Tried to use my ppi 900.4 and it was distorting , so I was thinking I needed better speakers that Handel more power or a different setup .

Tried to use my ppi 900.4 and it was distorting , so I was thinking I needed better speakers that Handel more power or a different setup .
raise your high pass filter. Bridge your amp so its a 2 channel.

If that doesnt work then swap out mids, keep tweets. PRV 6mr500 ndy or ct sounds neo or crescendo UN. If you want it a little more midbassy and slightly less loud, crescendo pwx.

If the tweets doesnt cut it, find some soft dome tweets with 92 db sensitivity and 80 rms power handling.

Ok thanks for the tips , it's better but I think I need a sett with more power handling , maybe a set with an extra image tweeter..

Ok thanks for the tips , it's better but I think I need a sett with more power handling , maybe a set with an extra image tweeter..
power handling does not mean louder. sensitivity does. Dont even bother using component sets if you are running a large woofer setup. You'll want to run active crossovers with Pro audio mids and and loud silk dome tweeters. None of that will be found in component sets, ditch that idea completely if you want any chance of keeping up with your subs.

Ok , I'm going to have to ditch my rearfill and learn how to do the active thing . Any idea for silk teeets? Can u give some suggestions. Also how to add a 2 channel for maybe for rear tweets or something because I have passengers 70 percent of the time when I drive the truck

definitely go active and add more drivers...

sounds like you have the room to run 2 4 channels and if you're in a full size gm look for q logic kick panels. you put money into the subs, now its the doors.

imo ppi900.4 to 4 or even 6/8 total mids (unless you fit 8/10 inch mids which is ideal)

plus a class a/b or better quality low power amp for your tweeters ~50-100w

run by a ppi or soundstream 8ch dsp for appropriate filters

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point I was looking into the q logic kicks , so just add the midbass in kick . And door and run tweets in pillar . Interesting you mentioned 8 inch midbass since I had stock bose and I think those were 8's. I'm somewhat of a novice and never ran active and never had so many amps for just mids and highs. I think my pioneer has time alignment and all that good stuff. Guess I got a lot of homework to do .. cause I'm defiantly not down sizing my subs ..

Good point I was looking into the q logic kicks , so just add the midbass in kick . And door and run tweets in pillar . Interesting you mentioned 8 inch midbass since I had stock bose and I think those were 8's. I'm somewhat of a novice and never ran active and never had so many amps for just mids and highs. I think my pioneer has time alignment and all that good stuff. Guess I got a lot of homework to do .. cause I'm defiantly not down sizing my subs ..

any idea on soft dome tweeters with at least 60 rms output ?
massive CT 2, image dynamics xs 28

for your 8, get a crecendo pwx 8

for your 6.5 get the ones i mentioned, has to be neodymium

think about it this way, if you have doors that can be heard several football fields away, passengers will easily be able to hear you.

A single pair of 6.5 neodymium will be louder than eight 6x9s in your car on the same power Just giving you some insight on how loud the proper drivers can get.

ok, thanks for all your help , so since my doors are already adapted for 6.5's, so if i put 6.5s in the kick, and 6.5s in the doors, do i make the mids in the kick a dedicated 80hz-500, and the one in the doors 500-1,5khz ? trying to get an understanding for all this.

ok, thanks for all your help , so since my doors are already adapted for 6.5's, so if i put 6.5s in the kick, and 6.5s in the doors, do i make the mids in the kick a dedicated 80hz-500, and the one in the doors 500-1,5khz ? trying to get an understanding for all this.
flip that around, midbass in doors, midrange in kicks. you can go as high as 3-4khz for the mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.