Precision Power P.65c2

Participant count
  • Participant list

gs300TT

Looking for opinions for the Precision Power P.65c2 components. Trying to upgrade stock on a gs300. Won't be adding a sub until later but will be adding an amp. For that matter there won't be any rear fill either. Trying to keep the cost in the $250 range for speakers and amp. Tough one I know, but I'll take any suggestions.

Looking for opinions for the Precision Power P.65c2 components. Trying to upgrade stock on a gs300. Won't be adding a sub until later but will be adding an amp. For that matter there won't be any rear fill either. Trying to keep the cost in the $250 range for speakers and amp. Tough one I know, but I'll take any suggestions.
get ppi 4 channel, (sorry was having trouble with reply button) run speakers of 2 channels later get d2 sub wire to 4ohm bridge other 2 chans to it until u get bigger sub amp.. comp are everywhere under $80 idk about the ppi probably fine..

Thanks Boom for that recommendation. I considered that but I think I will stick to 2ch for now. I like the idea of better components then building off that.

trumpet, it is a 2002. For what it's worth I have been to your site and looked at your product. I couldn't find what I was looking for for under $170. I want quality bottom end extension. I do realize that a 6.5" speaker will not do the work of a sub. But a clean flat response isn't unreasonable. But maybe in my price range haha!

Thanks Boom for that recommendation. I considered that but I think I will stick to 2ch for now. I like the idea of better components then building off that.
trumpet, it is a 2002. For what it's worth I have been to your site and looked at your product. I couldn't find what I was looking for for under $170. I want quality bottom end extension. I do realize that a 6.5" speaker will not do the work of a sub. But a clean flat response isn't unreasonable. But maybe in my price range haha!
saw some not so great reviews of ppi speakers just now., look at ct sounds comps on amazon if this link dont work https://www.amazon.com/CT-Sounds-Strato-Component-Speaker/dp/B00TRKHCS2/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1495218490&sr=8-22&keywords=6.5%22+component+set

Really? That is too bad about the Precision Power. They used to be darn good and their posted parameters looked sweet. Back to the drawing board. So boom, you like the CT Sounds do ya. How do you think they stack up with the Hertz Dieci series?

Really? That is too bad about the Precision Power. They used to be darn good and their posted parameters looked sweet. Back to the drawing board. So boom, you like the CT Sounds do ya. How do you think they stack up with the Hertz Dieci series?
i have no idea.. i guess peeps will say hertz better., i was just going by reviews and the ct's look good.. read up on them, see what u think

That's awesome. Thank you for browsing my site. Just for the ideas to spark some interest, would you be willing to look at a few offers? Even if you're just looking and don't do business with us maybe there's an opportunity to learn from one another.

Here is an update. We ended up getting Infinity Reference 6.5" components. We custom made door adapters out of 1/2" mdf. Mounted the tweeters in stock location but as of this time they aren't holding true. So we have to address a better mounting option. The Infinity's are being powered by the the pioneer head unit right now. We have an amp for them but my son doesn't feel like doing the work to install it during this heat. Haven't worked out the sub yet.

The sound is good but I expected a bit better in the bass. I am hoping they get a kick in the rear when we send more volts their way! Son is happy with it for now so that is what matters most.

Here is an update. We ended up getting Infinity Reference 6.5" components. We custom made door adapters out of 1/2" mdf. Mounted the tweeters in stock location but as of this time they aren't holding true. So we have to address a better mounting option. The Infinity's are being powered by the the pioneer head unit right now. We have an amp for them but my son doesn't feel like doing the work to install it during this heat. Haven't worked out the sub yet.The sound is good but I expected a bit better in the bass. I am hoping they get a kick in the rear when we send more volts their way! Son is happy with it for now so that is what matters most.
Congratulations. Good progress. Would you be able and willing to post a picture of the stock speaker which came out to be replaced by the tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.