Front kick panel VS Trunk in a saloon car!!

@Bobbytwonames thanks!
@hispls yes, its abit tight and tricky to fabricate in the place of the original bose kick panel woofer, lots of carbon fibre to he used there. However in the trunk, there is a 0.5 cu ft compartment on the right side where a good fabricator can do a good job!

I have sat in one vehicle where the owner made custom enclosure up front for 10" subwoofer and it sounded very nice, but definitely not high output. Installing up front should allow you a lot more flexibility with crossover points to your mids. Tradeoff being mounting in the trunk will usually reinforce low frequencies but lose output because of seats/steel in between trunk and the cabin.

Honestly if you don't have some great compelling reason to try to put it up front it may not be worth a lot of extra effort and expense.

In my opinion, if you have to fabricate either way, I would go for up front. But I would also be aiming for a pure SQ sound. Bringing the sound stage up front. You could make a killer SQ vehicle if you are willing to let an installer do the fabrication.

I'm running 2 of those subs in a ported box, roughly 1 cube each, and they are violently loud. I am going to put them in a sealed box as I believe they will have very good SQ. They are super efficient, don't need a lot of power for a lot of noise. I have no doubt it'll be fine in the trunk assuming you are going strictly sq, but I agree that I would try to mount it up front.

You own a Maserati and are looking for advice here? Go to your best local custom place, they'll hook you up. Probably offer great prices for pics of what they do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...