Front kick panel VS Trunk in a saloon car!!

Fantasy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 29, 2021
Dubai
Which one would give a nicer quality bass? Front kick panel JL Audio 10TW3 in a customized .45 - .55 sealed enclosure OR same sub in the boot in a .55 sealed enclosure. Car is a 2010 Maserati Granturismo.

Fantasy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 29, 2021
Dubai
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Bobbytwonames thanks!
@hispls yes, its abit tight and tricky to fabricate in the place of the original bose kick panel woofer, lots of carbon fibre to he used there. However in the trunk, there is a 0.5 cu ft compartment on the right side where a good fabricator can do a good job!

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I have sat in one vehicle where the owner made custom enclosure up front for 10" subwoofer and it sounded very nice, but definitely not high output. Installing up front should allow you a lot more flexibility with crossover points to your mids. Tradeoff being mounting in the trunk will usually reinforce low frequencies but lose output because of seats/steel in between trunk and the cabin.

Honestly if you don't have some great compelling reason to try to put it up front it may not be worth a lot of extra effort and expense.

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
Minot, North Dakota, United States
In my opinion, if you have to fabricate either way, I would go for up front. But I would also be aiming for a pure SQ sound. Bringing the sound stage up front. You could make a killer SQ vehicle if you are willing to let an installer do the fabrication.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
I'm running 2 of those subs in a ported box, roughly 1 cube each, and they are violently loud. I am going to put them in a sealed box as I believe they will have very good SQ. They are super efficient, don't need a lot of power for a lot of noise. I have no doubt it'll be fine in the trunk assuming you are going strictly sq, but I agree that I would try to mount it up front.

Lazlo

10+ year member
Dec 20, 2008
Portland, OR
You own a Maserati and are looking for advice here? Go to your best local custom place, they'll hook you up. Probably offer great prices for pics of what they do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds