Four 12's or two 15's?

And if your just learning etc .. Then why are you giving advice that's complete garbage ..?
My advice is not garbage I'm just not trying to sell him the same thing I have I'm giving advice on his actual question and in my opinion his 4 12 inch on 1200 a piece would outpace your 18 with ease and sound a hell of a lot better doing it

I'm done arguing regardless u win we aren't even debating my original point anymore good luck OP

My advice is not garbage I'm just not trying to sell him the same thing I have I'm giving advice on his actual question and in my opinion his 4 12 inch on 1200 a piece would outpace your 18 with ease and sound a hell of a lot better doing it
I'm done arguing regardless u win we aren't even debating my original point anymore good luck OP
Cvxs can't take 1,200 a peice so keep talking like you know what's going on .. Ill just sit here and keep laughing at you

And kicker subs sounding better lol your a funny guy

If you want to explain to me how four shitty 12" subs that barely have a 0.5" of xmax running on half the power of an 18" sub with 1.25" of xmax will be louder, please go ahead.

The CVX's can move about ~25.2ft^3 of air, and the Level 6 has the potential to move ~22.5ft^3 of air. More potential for air movement? yes. More motor force? doubt it. Definitely less power handling as well. The only reason those CVX's would be louder than Timmy's 18 would be because of the wall and the increased cabin pressure as a result. It's safe to say that two decent 15's would have much more potential to be louder than those four 12's.

If you have any more baseless opinions to offer to the OP or this thread in general, it would be nice if you kept them to yourself.

Looks like I'll hopefully be going for a two hour drive next week! Found a guy on craigslist selling a pair of cvx's for 200 which is a great deal. Only problem is his are DVC2 ohms, and mine are DVC4 ohms. But I'll just run two seperate amps for each pair of subs and I should be fine. I'm actually running a CX1200.1 monoblock amp which actually has two channels. So I have each sub wired to it's own channel to get a 2ohm load.
And then when I get the other two, I'll be running the exact same amp, but the other two cvx's in series/parallel wiring to get another two ohm load for the second amp.

Bam! Then I just need to get my H/O alt hooked up, some more 0 gauge wire, and some wood for my arts and crafts project!
This is a bad idea. You are only going to be able to wire one set down to 1 ohm(or 4 ohms), and the other down to 2 ohms. Running two different sets of different impedance subs is going to make it nearly impossible to match output between the sets. 1200w @ 1 ohm is not the same as 1200w @ 2 ohms. While at first glance, it seems logical, there is more to it than that.

1200w @ 1 ohm results in a current draw of ~34.6a

1200w @ 2 ohm results in a current draw of ~24.5a

what does this mean?! It means that at 1 ohm there is more current passing through the coil, and creating a larger magnetic field, which generates more motor force, which translates into causing more movement of the subwoofer's cone. So if you have one set of woofers that is trying to move farther the other set in the same box, it might cause some issues.

It's also kind of a ghetto way to set up a wall, lol. If you don't have the money to do it right, don't do it.

Two 1200 watt amps isn't way too much for four cvx's! That's six hundred a piece, one fifty less than spec RMS why not

And I totally agree that more power handling is there and you are right about most of this but I wasn't arguing those points

As I said in my opinion you win in big balls factor but big balls only wins SPL and SPL can be won while sounding like ****, not saying yours is by any means I haven't seen or heard it in fact your 18 is the wet dream of me and many others around here and we wouldn't know what to do with it if we had but for me and my sq setup it wouldn't sound good at all it wouldnt play the range I need and would require to big of a box

So as I said u win ur right by all means you have a bigger **** and balls should I do anything else to make you happy

Two 1200 watt amps isn't way too much for four cvx's! That's six hundred a piece, one fifty less than spec RMS why not
And I totally agree that more power handling is there and you are right about most of this but I wasn't arguing those points

As I said in my opinion you win in big balls factor but big balls only wins SPL and SPL can be won while sounding like ****, not saying yours is by any means I haven't seen or heard it in fact your 18 is the wet dream of me and many others around here and we wouldn't know what to do with it if we had but for me and my sq setup it wouldn't sound good at all it wouldnt play the range I need and would require to big of a box

So as I said u win ur right by all means you have a bigger **** and balls should I do anything else to make you happy
You have a SQ setup? Is your sig right?

I like what I have at the moment I want more and better that's the point of this hobby right buy what you can tune it like it buy newer better stuff etc
All I was trying to say is the money he has would be best spent on 2 nasty 15s ... And your completely wrong

OP, if you take that $200 you were going to spend on the extra CVX's, and sell you current CVX's for 300-400, you could buy a couple HDC3 15's. They'd match up perfectly with two CX1200's. You'd just have to gain match them since it doesn't look like they're strappable. Or just buy a different amp.

Just sayin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.