Four 12's or two 15's?

12" CVX subs are not that bad of a sub at all. If you are going to wall it just take the time to learn a bit more about the idea of a wall and how to go about it before you jump into it. Maybe find some locals to help you out if you can....maybe just find a shop that does trusted work to have it built?

.... could always take a road trip to OKC for a weekend... we can get it knocked out for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Just seems way more logical to spend the wall money on alt , amp etc .. Sell his old amp and kickers grab 2 nice 15s .. But whatever's clever ..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
I agree completely.. but from what i gathered he was super short on space? like not able to make even 2 15s fit in a normal enclosure. We need some good measurements of available space here that would help a ton

12" CVX subs are not that bad of a sub at all. If you are going to wall it just take the time to learn a bit more about the idea of a wall and how to go about it before you jump into it. Maybe find some locals to help you out if you can....maybe just find a shop that does trusted work to have it built?
.... could always take a road trip to OKC for a weekend... we can get it knocked out for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Your really going to recommend cvxs over a decent pair of 15''s ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I ran cvxs 2 years ago every decent 600 rms and up woofer I've grabbed since has walked on them ..

Do the 4 12's wall and upgrade subs/power/electrical later on if you want more. A wall is just a box with trim panels, just harder to build since it's usually done inside the vehicle...

If your willing to tear your car apart just keep the 2 cvxs in the trunk pull out your back seat and build a box that will hold 2 more across the back seat trust me man I heard my guys 4 cvxs and these are all In the trunk and they are no ho3!

Your really going to recommend cvxs over a decent pair of 15''s ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gifI ran cvxs 2 years ago every decent 600 rms and up woofer I've grabbed since has walked on them ..
Yea, for what he has and the options laid out.

If your willing to spend the money to build a wall etc .. Just do 2 nasty 15s normal box and it will get as loud as the 4 kicker wall easily if you do it right ..
aq hdc4 15's, 4 12's is nice but doing the wall is alot of work and what if you dont like it... those 15's are beasts...

I'm in a similar situation with my vibe. To wall or not to wall... I've decide that if I ever want to have passengers, I want a box that will come out. BUT, with my seats down, I have almost 20 cubes to work with. I'm going with four 15"s on about the same power, and the box can still slide in and out. You don't need a wall to get loud in small cars, but you do need sufficient air space and cone area, especially without a ton of power.

I'm not saying he has to go with a wall. I'm just saying that is likely the better of the two options if he really is considering walling off the car.

I don't know what space he has to work with, but 2 15's may be an "ok" option assuming he has the correct amount of space for them.

Personally, I would choose the wall every time. However, I do not mind a wall for my daily car as I have done that for years now. The only single down side...once you go with a wall...you will almost never want to go back.

I'm not saying he has to go with a wall. I'm just saying that is likely the better of the two options if he really is considering walling off the car.
I don't know what space he has to work with, but 2 15's may be an "ok" option assuming he has the correct amount of space for them.

Personally, I would choose the wall every time. However, I do not mind a wall for my daily car as I have done that for years now. The only single down side...once you go with a wall...you will almost never want to go back.

I'm with ya. Of the two options, I would recommend four 12"s properly powered but no wall. However, four CVXs would require 4k. If you're set on only running 2.5k, go with the 15"s.

4 12's would do just fine off of 2.5k. He would have no need what so ever for more power if he didn't want to.

I have never understood why people seem to think that if a sub can take 800 rms then you have to put that much to it in order to use that sub.

I'm with ya. Of the two options, I would recommend four 12"s properly powered but no wall. However, four CVXs would require 4k. If you're set on only running 2.5k, go with the 15"s.
You probably looked at the specs for the 15" CVX. Those are rated at 1000rms a sub. The 12's are rated at 750 per.

4 12's would do just fine off of 2.5k. He would have no need what so ever for more power if he didn't want to.
I have never understood why people seem to think that if a sub can take 800 rms then you have to put that much to it in order to use that sub.
Too bad you're not a bit closer to me lol. I would much rather have it professionally done than by myself. And I liked the idea of walling four 12's, and eventually swapping out the CVX's for nicer subs. I can't do a whole lot of alt upgrading in my car since it's a foreign car and there's hardly any room to work with. A 145 alt and a nice under the hood battery should keep me going for a while regardless. I was thinking of pretty much just building a regular box to fit the four 12's to the point to where theres just an inch or two left before it reaches the panels, and then filling in the gaps with wood and carpet.

Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate it!

You probably looked at the specs for the 15" CVX. Those are rated at 1000rms a sub. The 12's are rated at 750 per.

Too bad you're not a bit closer to me lol. I would much rather have it professionally done than by myself. And I liked the idea of walling four 12's, and eventually swapping out the CVX's for nicer subs. I can't do a whole lot of alt upgrading in my car since it's a foreign car and there's hardly any room to work with. A 145 alt and a nice under the hood battery should keep me going for a while regardless. I was thinking of pretty much just building a regular box to fit the four 12's to the point to where theres just an inch or two left before it reaches the panels, and then filling in the gaps with wood and carpet.

Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate it!
Do a build log and show some pics!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.