Four 12's or two 15's?

True, those 4" coils can handle a good amount of power. Even if you could realistically put 3500w on a Warden, I could still buy two AA Mayhem 18's for the same price and have close to double the power handling and have 30% more cone area.
21" woofers just seem impractical for the most part.
Think about the comps that go buy the amount of subs. It would fit right in. They are very impractical like you said but so is a 18 for most people.

Think about the comps that go buy the amount of subs. It would fit right in. They are very impractical like you said but so is a 18 for most people.
Comes back to what I was saying about more smaller woofers. If you budget allows, it makes sense to go with more smaller woofers, however cost goes up fast and so does power handling, meaning you'll need to buy more powerful and expensive amps, meaning you'll have to buy more electrical upgrades. It's a vicious cycle, haha.

It's new so you won't find much. It's on thier facebook page. 35 is a good all around tune. If its built right it will still dig into the 20s strong. I'm tuned at 33 and still pull very good numbers at 26-27 hz. My subs have a much lower fs though. Tune to where the woofer is strong, use a woofer that is strong where you want to tune. You can tell by the fs but you have to know if the specs where taken pre or post break in.
Understandable. And I'll check out the DD 21.

True, those 4" coils can handle a good amount of power. Even if you could realistically put 3500w on a Warden, I could still buy two AA Mayhem 18's for the same price and have close to double the power handling and have 30% more cone area.
21" woofers just seem impractical for the most part.
I honestly agree and you're totally right. But again, I personally want something that is not typical. Something you don't see often. A walled 21? Rare. A walled 21 in a Honda Civic? Rarer. I'm just 'impractical' like that. I'm willing to take some power and efficiency loss in order to gain some uniqueness. A lot of you guys probably disagree with the way I think, but I would love to wall a 21 now that I've thought about it. Regardless a DP 21 should hopefully sound A LOT louder than a pair of cvx's... As my mom always said, "At least it's better than before." Lol...

There are some people though who cast such philosophies to the way side. I find myself doing it because I like seeing what I can get a single woofer to do.

Comes back to what I was saying about more smaller woofers. If you budget allows, it makes sense to go with more smaller woofers, however cost goes up fast and so does power handling, meaning you'll need to buy more powerful and expensive amps, meaning you'll have to buy more electrical upgrades. It's a vicious cycle, haha.
Don't forget the part about more motors means more rise and weird final impedances. I don't have that issue when choosing. The most I can fit without a wall is 2 12s.

Understandable. And I'll check out the DD 21.

I honestly agree and you're totally right. But again, I personally want something that is not typical. Something you don't see often. A walled 21? Rare. A walled 21 in a Honda Civic? Rarer. I'm just 'impractical' like that. I'm willing to take some power and efficiency loss in order to gain some uniqueness. A lot of you guys probably disagree with the way I think, but I would love to wall a 21 now that I've thought about it. Regardless a DP 21 should hopefully sound A LOT louder than a pair of cvx's... As my mom always said, "At least it's better than before." Lol...
If you're not chasing numbers it's going to be loud enough. The only down side is the port. I prefer a center port for a daily wall and you can't do that with a single sub. Port on the driver side will work but its more for the meter.

If you're not chasing numbers it's going to be loud enough. The only down side is the port. I prefer a center port for a daily wall and you can't do that with a single sub. Port on the driver side will work but its more for the meter.
Yeah, I thought about that. But not a lot of thought lol. I was just thinking I could put the port on top, and use the top headliner as part of my port. No? And this is a daily driver, so I'm sure it will be plenty loud. Like I said, I can always go louder later on by upgrading to the Warden when the time is right. And by then, there may be a whole new 21 in the works. Never know!

Yeah, I thought about that. But not a lot of thought lol. I was just thinking I could put the port on top, and use the top headliner as part of my port. No? And this is a daily driver, so I'm sure it will be plenty loud. Like I said, I can always go louder later on by upgrading to the Warden when the time is right. And by then, there may be a whole new 21 in the works. Never know!
You can run your port along the headliner, but I would not recommend using your headliner as a port wall, lol.

You can run your port along the headliner, but I would not recommend using your headliner as a port wall, lol.
Oh, I guess I typed up that last post wrong. It's late at night and I should've been in bed hours ago... I work in a couple hours lmao. But yeah, that's what I meant.

I really need to catch some sleep. Thank you for all the help T.I.K. and DDtC. Helped me out bunches. I look forward to keeping you guys up to date with my build and I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm still leaning towards the DP 21 as of now.

Night guys! Thanks again.

Oh, I guess I typed up that last post wrong. It's late at night and I should've been in bed hours ago... I work in a couple hours lmao. But yeah, that's what I meant.
I really need to catch some sleep. Thank you for all the help T.I.K. and DDtC. Helped me out bunches. I look forward to keeping you guys up to date with my build and I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm still leaning towards the DP 21 as of now.

Night guys! Thanks again.
No problem. My activity on here is spotty, if you have any questions and I don't respond to stuff on here, you can HMU on the forum, whose link is DEFINITELY not in my signature.

Lol, alright. If I ever come back to you for questions or something you'll have to give me a while to figure out which other forum you're talking about. *wink wink

Thanks again guys.

Edit: This turned out to be quite a lengthy thread lol. Originally planning on doing four 12's or two 15's yet I ended up leaning towards a single 21. Never even crossed my mind. I learned a lot from you all lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.