Four 12's or two 15's?

**** it dude you ruin your car then it can just be a wall car forever and you have as much time to get the wall right as youd like haha. but 4 12s walled leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. If your gonna go walled i suggest tearing everything out and doing some serious measurements to see how much space you can get out of it if you were to build in the car and use all the available space possible. If you could make 3 15s fit the extra cone area would help a ton. You could also then go with some subs that would preform better than the kickers:) but you can not forget that you will need space for your port and sub displacements in the enclosure, which can take up a decent amount of volume. I have no idea how much space you can actually fit in your car or if your ~8 or 9 cubes guess is correct or if you can get creative and get a lot more space out of it. And knowing how much space you can achieve is a huge factor here
But 4-12s is slightly more cone than 3-15s and if all other factors are the same then 4-12s would be a little louder/higher SPL right?

Your really going to recommend cvxs over a decent pair of 15''s ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gifI ran cvxs 2 years ago every decent 600 rms and up woofer I've grabbed since has walked on them ..
And 4-12s with the right power would move a lot of air if considering surface area compared to ur 18

Looks like I'll hopefully be going for a two hour drive next week! Found a guy on craigslist selling a pair of cvx's for 200 which is a great deal. Only problem is his are DVC2 ohms, and mine are DVC4 ohms. But I'll just run two seperate amps for each pair of subs and I should be fine. I'm actually running a CX1200.1 monoblock amp which actually has two channels. So I have each sub wired to it's own channel to get a 2ohm load.

And then when I get the other two, I'll be running the exact same amp, but the other two cvx's in series/parallel wiring to get another two ohm load for the second amp.

Bam! Then I just need to get my H/O alt hooked up, some more 0 gauge wire, and some wood for my arts and crafts project!

I'm actually running a CX1200.1 monoblock amp which actually has two channels. So I have each sub wired to it's own channel to get a 2ohm load.
And then when I get the other two, I'll be running the exact same amp, but the other two cvx's in series/parallel wiring to get another two ohm load for the second amp.
No, it's a mono amp which means it has 1 channel. You have 2 positive and 2 negative terminals that are bridged internally. It's for ease of wiring.

No, it's a mono amp which means it has 1 channel. You have 2 positive and 2 negative terminals that are bridged internally. It's for ease of wiring.
Interesting. So am I running each of my subs at a 2 ohm load at 1200 rms still?

Sorry your setup is weak ..bro
Was only commenting along the lines with what the op was trying to ask but yea I'm new and haven't spent that much on one sub nor will I I am starting low and building thanks for the advice on how to help people and not just call people out

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Sorry your setup is weak ..bro
Was only commenting along the lines with what the op was trying to ask but yea I'm new and haven't spent that much on one sub nor will I I am starting low and building thanks for the advice on how to help people and not just call people out

I suppose that would be why my amp goes in to protection mode when I play it all full tilt for too long... And the headlights dimming lol. I was hoping my new H/O alt would fix that problem, but my amp isn't even 1 ohm stable. It seems to be working fine at 1 ohm for the most part however; if that's truly how I wired it. I just get mad voltage drop on my stock electrical.

So would I be safe if I had one amp wired at 1 ohm and the other wired at 2 ohms?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Your comment is retarted doesn't matter if his cvxs have more cone area .. That can only help so much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.