Fosgate 700s yay or nay

Participant count
  • Participant list

cizbryan
10+ year member

TN
I'm thinking about swaping my sony 1000w for the 700s. I just havn't heard

the 700s yet and I dont know if its going to be the same or better.

The amp is long as crap (18 inches, if you cant figure out how long that is

its as long as a standard keyboard is) and its only 4 ohm stable.

I have two HE2's so if i ran the dvc's into a 4ohm load then the amp will prolly give it 700-730w's but I'm pretty sure my sony is getting that.

i install at best buy lol .... hey its money at something i love. but we installed both and to say one is better is like saying a z 28 is better than a mustang gt.... now they both have advantages but as long as that sony holds up (seen some go bad) it would keep up with a 700 pretty easy in my view.

with the fosgate amp, you will most likely get at least 800 watts out of it. i havent heard the 700s but i think fosgate is pretty reliable still. as for the size problem, just install it without the end caps. thats a good 5 inches or so there.

Well tell me this bro, how does your two he2's sound with your 800.2 fosgate?

are you running stereo at the amp or 4 ohm bridged

keep in mind that i have the 2000 model he2's, so urs will probably sound better... but i think mines sound pretty darn good. not the best sq u could as for, but the spl is BANGING!!! the sq is actually better than i thought, but nothing that would win a sq contest. i'm actually really happy with my setup, i didnt expect it to sound as good as it did, but then again, the box does come into play and might change things. i recommend a 1-1.3 cubic feet enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.