12" Single Sub Recommendation with Rockford Fosgate p500-2

I like what I read about the VSW124v2, and liked that I could get two of them in a 2.5 stuffed box. Sewn leads, good excursion, 105oz magnet, real stiff cone, lot of oomph for the $$. I love loud but it has to SQ loud and proud, not the SPL over SQ kind of guy. My grandsons Honda Fit with two of those in that box, fed by a Pioneer GM-D9601 is really impressive! Here is what finally sold me and as it turns out, was completely on target.

The other NVX, the VCW122v3 is a real banger too.

so i shouldn't get the nvx as it is dual 2ohm?
If you get a single woofer, then you'll need to get the dual 2ohm Voice coil model(s). You will wire the 2 coils in series for a 4ohm load. If you run 2 of any of these, you will want to get dual 4 ohm woofers. You run each of the dual coils on each woofer in series (giving the woofer an 8 ohm load) then run the two woofers in parallel to the amp for a 4ohm load. Clear as mud right?

Last edited:
If you get a single woofer, then you'll need to get the dual 2ohm Voice coil model(s). You will wire the 2 coils in series for a 4ohm load. If you run 2 of any of these, you will want to get dual 4 ohm woofers. You run each of the dual coils on each woofer in series (giving the woofer an 8 ohm load) then run the two woofers in parallel to the amp for a 4ohm load. Clear as mud right?
roger that, just got one from sonic electronix for $189. thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...