Repairing cone/gasket Fosgate P2 12 inch

Blackout67

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
Hey guys so I traded some of my unwanted/unused stuff for some other stuff that I probably won't end up using either.

Anyways, one of the items I made out with was a Rockford Fosgate P2 D4. Gonna throw it in a sealed box in my truck. However it looks like the gasket, which is attached to the surround, is disconnected about half way around the circumference of the subwoofer where the gasket/surround meet the landing on top of the basket.

I know I can fix it easy with adhesive and clamps but the question is should I remove the surround/gasket completely and redo it all or just the part that is disconnected? Also what adhesive should I use? Is there any good one that I can go pick up at Lowe's or home Depot?and any tips?

Thanks

Not sure. Didn't have to chance to wire it up yet cause when I went to hook up my amp, the bolt I was gonna use to ground was too big for my 3/8 copper lug and literally the seat belt bolts are the only bolts that are accessible without ripping the interior out of my single cab truck. Stayed up all night trying to find a way to ground down the hole in the lug to fit the bolt without waking my neighbors so It was 4 am and I was getting desperate so I cut off the lug ****** it as best as I could under the bolt head and cranked it down (not to tight) but it's True 0 gauge so it's kinda sticking out a lot but I think it'll be fine for the 350 watts I'm putting thru it. I'm gonna have to go up to harbor freight and get a 3/8 bolt and nut and drill Into the body.

Probably the worst and laziest install I've ever done

Why? Because I can? Also have you not heard of repairing speakers? Are you the kind of person who doesn't change the oil on their brand new car and then just buys a new one 15,000 miles later when it breaks down?

Why? Because I can? Also have you not heard of repairing speakers? Are you the kind of person who doesn't change the oil on their brand new car and then just buys a new one 15,000 miles later when it breaks down?
Works fine like I thought it would

Attachments

• Snapchat-930256596.mp4
    9.5 MB
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...