What will happen?

LHSroller
10+ year member

Welch
I am thinking about getting the JBL 1200.1(I've heard nothing but good) for my subs (Triple 10" Visonik all wired to 4 ohms) But it has mad fusage! It has 120 amps worth of fuses!! My friends MA Audio has 90 amps worth and his headlights dim hardcore and HE HAS A TRUCK ALTERNATOR!! I have a Chrysler LHS with a 90 amp alternator. I need to know what will happen if I put the JBL in? Will my alternator fry itself? Will my headlights dim severely? What are ways of fixing this...except a new alternator! Plus, since Visonik isnt the best...what subs should I upgrade to? Preferably 3 12" JL Audio?

First you shouldn't need anything bigger than 60-80 amp primary fuse for that amp. It shouldn't draw anywhere near that.. A good cap will help some but not a bunch.. The best thing you can do is use large power wire..minimum of 4 awg..2awg would work better and allow room for growth... bigger wire draws less current in a matter of speaking..

Mike

I was at best buy lastnight and they want $120 for a amp wire kit. I had everything you needed for one amp and it was 4 awg. The 2awg cost more but im not sure how much. Is there a place maybe like Home Depot or Lowes that would have 2awg wire ????

cuz i think 120 for one wire kit is kinda high....or is that the normal price?

You are looking at a stronger alternator either way if your healights dim- as the charging system can not keep up. However, as mentioned before- you should have no problems running the JBL BP1200.1 from your 90 amp model.

$120 for a complete 4AWG amp kit is actually a reasonable price as opposed to buying components separately. Have a look at some of the wiring kits here:

http://www.mmxpress.com/accessories.html

They are slightly less money, and should do the job fine. You are really only paying for the name as wire is wire and will not effect sound quality whatsoever.

take it easy,

-zane

Check out KNUKONCEPTZ.COM they have awesome deals on wiring kits ,theycut out the middle man cause they make the wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LHSroller

10+ year member
LHSroller
Welch
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from