Fosgate 360A2 Powering door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

89montero
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My rig got broken into and subs got stolen. They left the amp cause it was bolted down w security bolts(Fosgate 360 2chanell).

There seems to be decent deals w people selling subs and amps together so what do you think about buying new subs w amp and using this Fosgate amp to run the door speakers.

I would have to wire left to one channel and right to the other, will I really notice that I only have left and right versus front and back too(since this is only 2ch and not 4ch)? I've wanted and amp for the door speakers for a while, they're just 6.5" Alpines but I think they'd sound alot better if they had an amp and not just the HU.

I have one of these temporarily running my front door speakers and it does the job just fine. Your speakers will sound much better running off of this amp then the head unit.

alright, yeah I just wondered that when I crank it the front will sound amazing but then the rears will sound like crapola. I have the fader set just about equal so unless there's a song that's recorded in 4chanells(though almost all were just left/right) would I even notice? Eventually I plan to buy a 4 channel.

Its personal preference, so if you don't mind listening to the rear speakers at the same volume as the front then go for it. Its gonna put out a lotta power that way...probably over 200w/ch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.