Ford gt vs Porsche Carrera GT vs nissan gtr

Towncar
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
who knows
A friend of mine got on the subject of the ford gt, and the porsche somehow, and He argued the fact why the carrera gt which is lighter, and has more horsepower doesnt just walk off and leave the ford gt 0-186. This list I have here actually has the ford edging out the porsche by almost a second. 33 seconds for the ford, and 34 for the porsche. The only reason I could think of was that maybe the ford is geared a bit differently, but Im not sure. Any thoughts and comments on this?

http://www.dtmpower.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=563

Oh by the way, I mentioned the gtr, because alot of people seem to be on nissans nuts about it, and even this guy on the video picks the gtr, even though it looses on the course vs the ford. If you watch this video, the only reason the gtr hung with it, was because of the turns. Otherwise the gt would pull off hard on the straight aways.

Just wanted to know some peoples thoughts and comments on these cars.

http://www.webridestv.com/xml/wbembedplayersmall.swf?movieid=84058

I already expressed my comments in your last thread where you posted the times, and IMHO I believe driver error has a lot to do with the time differences.

I believe I referenced the times of a modified Porsche GT2 being slower than those of a less powerful modified Porsche Turbo Cabriolet. Unless the Turbo's gearing is better for 0-XXX mph, which I have a hard time believing, the GT2 is more powerful, lighter, and suffers from less drag (convertible top, and AWD).

Therefore, I don't believe the numbers on that site.

Also, the GTR is only as quick as it is because of it's transmission. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

porsche walks all over the ford. seen it in person
Thats funny because most every posted high speed times ive seen favors the ford, none the less they always seem to be close between the two. Driver error?

I already expressed my comments in your last thread where you posted the times, and IMHO I believe driver error has a lot to do with the time differences.
I believe I referenced the times of a modified Porsche GT2 being slower than those of a less powerful modified Porsche Turbo Cabriolet. Unless the Turbo's gearing is better for 0-XXX mph, which I have a hard time believing, the GT2 is more powerful, lighter, and suffers from less drag (convertible top, and AWD).

Therefore, I don't believe the numbers on that site.

Also, the GTR is only as quick as it is because of it's transmission. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Some of the numbers are questionable, but at the same time, Ive seen quartermile times, and other stats favoring the ford at times, and a few for the porsche. With that said, they seem to go heads up.

there's video floating around somewhere, youtube or something. i happen to be there when it went down. the guy driving the porsche had driver error and still went around the ford. both cars were stock.

I find it still hard to believe. It comes down to the drivers in the quartermile with cars being this even.. One screw up, and either would loose. I cant base my thoughts off of 1 video, because ive seen the z06 beating a vett, but ofcourse it was modded, and no telling how crappy the driver was..

iyeypi.jpg

Still not so sure about it, Unless we know how good both drivers are, and specificly spoke with both owners.. I see to many vids with cars claiming they are stock, but its far from the truth.. Not saying it isnt possible though. Any more thoughts on this? Dont be afraid to throw the gtr in the mix aswell. Im still interested in how it beat the porsche turbo myself on the track..

Well since we are on the subject, I will post these pics of what I ran into last week parked in a drive way.

The original gt40

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.