Fixing Brake line help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

big thing to remember when you are bleeding your brakes are 1. the master cylinder has to have fluid in the reservoir at all times.

2. the person pumping the brakes should NOT let off the pedal while the bleeder is open. if this happens you run the risk of ******* fluid back in.

3. dont leave the bleeder open for too long. if it is open when the pedal is at the floor you run the risk of ******* air in.

also that crap about bleeding until the color of the fluid changes is wrong. you bleed the brakes until you have no more air coming out of the lines. it will be ready to hit the road when you open the bleeder and only have a constant stream of fluid comeing out. that means no spitting or sputtering and no bubbles.

enjoy

also why does your caliper need to be changed? is it sticking? your car is pretty new to be needing a caliper...
Are you aware that brake fluid has to be changed? The same as engine oil, trans fluid, coolant, etc. Brake fluid over time absorbs moisture and becomes less effective at doing its job. If he is bleeding the brakes then change the fluid while he is there. I bet it has the original fluid in it. Now if the fluid has been changed and is new, then yes all he would have do is bleed the air out. But see, I know more about his situation than you do, so it doesnt matter.

You're going to need a lot of brake fluid. I've done this on my moms 2002 civic. Its easy as hell. Just pump the brakes VERY SLOW. You don't want to empty the brake cylinder resevoir, or you have to get that air out that got ****** in. Just recycle the new stuff back to the master cylinder when it starts coming out the nipple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

schackel

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
schackel
San Francisco
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date