Mechanics, come hither!

craigzter
10+ year member

erm..hello.
sville, ar
Okay, got a slight problem here guys. My 2002 blazer is seeming to overheat and lifted the hood up, and steam rolls everywhere! I dont see where it could have came out of the radiator. All hoses seem to be in good shape, but water/antifreeze is all over the engine compartment.

Any ideas as to whats going on?!

Well obviously you have a leak. Fill the radiator up with water, start the engine and look under the hood for the leak. You may have to let the engine reach normal operating temp so that the thermostat will open and fully circulate the water. Trust me sometimes they kind be difficult to find if its just a pinhole. Also have the heater on high and check the heater hoses.

You said its all over the engine, maybe its the thermostat itself ? Im not keen on Chevy motors so i dont know how they are designed but the first suggestions made were great. You'll see the problem if you look.

More than likely, a pinhole in one of the heater hoses or water pump bypass hose. Also the thermostat water neck is kinda prone to rustin through from the inside. Best thing would be to try and rent a pressure tester from pep boys, checkers etc.. and pressurize the system and then look for where the waterfall is....lol

More than likely, a pinhole in one of the heater hoses or water pump bypass hose. Also the thermostat water neck is kinda prone to rustin through from the inside. Best thing would be to try and rent a pressure tester from pep boys, checkers etc.. and pressurize the system and then look for where the waterfall is....lol

yep my guess would be the tstat housing

No offense to you but being ASE certified isnt that important. I have seen some scary mechanics that were ASE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

craigzter

10+ year member
erm..hello.
craigzter
sville, ar
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date