Fix What May be A blown voice coil?? (need advice)

Participant count
  • Participant list

MeteorShower
10+ year member

OH
Alright guys, let me give you the run down.

I had my two MA Audio 12" XE's hooked up to my Lightning Audio S1.1000d Amp in

one of the worst sealed enclosures ever. I noticed I had one sub definetly NOT

hitting at it's potential. The other day I get a new box (due to the quality of the old box

I figured that was why the sub wasn't hitting well at all) and I wire up the subs and

put them into my new box. Now, to my problem!!

The subs are DVC and on the one that is no longer even hitting the small silver wires

that were running into it had become unraveled and only one remained actually connected

to the positive end on the one voice coil (which is barely connected now). I made the

presumption that perhaps that voice coil (if that is what it is) was blown? There is no blackening on the wires nor where it was soldiered into on the postivite terminal. So, my question - if I were to soldier (sp?) those wires back onto the positive terminal do yoiu think it would work again??

(Any links to documentation or assistance you can provide is GREATLY appreciated)

Thanks in advance for your help!

It would work again but I think you would just end up with the wires coming loose again..If you wanna test the VCs then you need to connect the wires back to the terminals then put a multi meter to it.. I you can do it cleanly try to splice some new wire to it but keep it routed away from the back of th esub or can do funny things..

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.