The perfict fix for if your dipping below 12v

Thor230

Texas
So i just got a mazda 3 hatchback its my toy car thst i can do whatever to because i only paid 800$ for it because the Dude thought the transmission was going out it wasn't it was just a sensor LOL but I digress

I have a 320a autiotec alt i am going to install here in a week or two so for now I'm running stock alternator stock battery under the hood one run of zero gauge ofc and a corzuse 3k which will do 3.5k rms at 14.4v 2ohm and a custom 15" sub made by me 4" coil 4k rms

I have to keep the app turned down because it will dip solo and voltage on the hard bass notes that the amplifier temporarily shuts off which means it's dipping below 10.4v

Well I came across this
And figured I would give it a shot to see how much it helps us stock electrical system deal with about 3K RMS and I'm happy to report that it did amazing my system will not dip below 12.3 to 12.7v Full Tilt and my lights don't dim All In All I am impressed for $150 this thing will allow you on stock electrical to handle a little over 3K RMS

IOXUS 12V Group 31 Smart Power Bluetooth Ultra Capacitor​

1. B Stock IOXUS 12V Group 31 Smart Power Bluetooth Ultra Capacitor

Well I came across this
And figured I would give it a shot to see how much it helps us stock electrical system deal with about 3K RMS and I'm happy to report that it did amazing my system will not dip below 12.3 to 12.7v Full Tilt and my lights don't dim All In All I am impressed for $150 this thing will allow you on stock electrical to handle a little over 3K RMS

IOXUS 12V Group 31 Smart Power Bluetooth Ultra Capacitor​

I was planning on posting a 1 year mark of using this same supercap. I may be writing it next week since I started having issues. I will give it until Wednesday to see if I get a reply from Ioxus.

I was planning on posting a 1 year mark of using this same supercap. I may be writing it next week since I started having issues. I will give it until Wednesday to see if I get a reply from Ioxus.
Let me guess you can open the app front page but when you click the connect button nothing happens it's just the front page you can actually activate the Bluetooth or check any of the settings or anything the app is completely worthless on android? Because I forgot to mention that thank God you don't have to use the app in order to use the capacitor Bank I'll be pissed if that were the case but I would really like to be able to log in so I can see how many amps I'm pulling with the voltage is at that amperage and all the different graphs and all the other cool s*** that you can do with this thing because I have yet to do any of that with it because the app doesn't work at all and they have yet to reply to my messages so that's a negative strike for sure but for 150 bucks you can run almost 4,000 watts RMS and a stock electrical system that's pretty damn cool

Let me guess you can open the app front page but when you click the connect button nothing happens it's just the front page you can actually activate the Bluetooth or check any of the settings or anything the app is completely worthless on android? Because I forgot to mention that thank God you don't have to use the app in order to use the capacitor Bank I'll be pissed if that were the case but I would really like to be able to log in so I can see how many amps I'm pulling with the voltage is at that amperage and all the different graphs and all the other cool s*** that you can do with this thing because I have yet to do any of that with it because the app doesn't work at all and they have yet to reply to my messages so that's a negative strike for sure but for 150 bucks you can run almost 4,000 watts RMS and a stock electrical system that's pretty damn cool
YES! Here is the thing, the application allows you to turn off the bank to put it in maintenance mode. My dumbass decided to update the App for no logical reason, so it no longer works, no biggie. The bank is still on, just not sending info to my phone. Next thing, I have issues with my starter. I disconnect my battery, put in a new starter, reconnect battery.
Well, anytime you disconnect the main power supply, the bank automatically goes into maintenance mode. This means it is no longer sending power to my amps. Only way to turn it on is..... You guessed it, the Ioxus Application. If they have a way to download the old application all will be peachy. But they have yet to respond to my first or second email.
As far as the app goes, you only get the voltage, and the control to turn on jumpstart mode. It shows you a circle that "fills" until ready to jumpstart.
If I do not get a reply by next week. I will cut open the bank to see if I can bypass the electronics.

YES! Here is the thing, the application allows you to turn off the bank to put it in maintenance mode. My dumbass decided to update the App for no logical reason, so it no longer works, no biggie. The bank is still on, just not sending info to my phone. Next thing, I have issues with my starter. I disconnect my battery, put in a new starter, reconnect battery.
Well, anytime you disconnect the main power supply, the bank automatically goes into maintenance mode. This means it is no longer sending power to my amps. Only way to turn it on is..... You guessed it, the Ioxus Application. If they have a way to download the old application all will be peachy. But they have yet to respond to my first or second email.
As far as the app goes, you only get the voltage, and the control to turn on jumpstart mode. It shows you a circle that "fills" until ready to jumpstart.
If I do not get a reply by next week. I will cut open the bank to see if I can bypass the electronics.
Somethings not right with your caps because ive never used the app yet and despite never using said app i hooked up my cap bank (no light was on when i received it from the seller) i hiiked it up it senced 12v blue light comes on and i start my car and its working so im not sure why yours wont work if you un hook it then hook it back up it should do its thing like mine did?

What's the difference between a capacitor and a "super capacitor" or an "ultra capacitor"?
The difference is the dielectric as well as the metal plates and the surface of the middle plates as well as how thin everything is

A super capacitor is the same as a regular electrolitic capacitor exept the sheet separating the two plates is so thin to allow them to be able to roll up so much aluminum material in there that they can only handle about 3 volts because anything above I think 4.8 and the voltage will short circuit through the protective sheets to the other plate and you'll short circuit and have a ruined capacitor this is why a 200 volt 1000 UF capacitor is 10 times bigger than a 16 volt 1000 uf capacitor because the dielectric separator is much thicker on the 200 volt one to keep short circuiting from happening

Likewise the super capacitor uses a special liquid that helps conduct electrons much better what that liquid is it varies from company to company but it's an important factor as well as the surface area of the two sheets depicts how much power can be stored and super capacitors main differences they will use graphene or activated charcoal for both on the surface of the aluminum plates

because those microscopic little pockets and pits help hold more electrons enabling the capacitor to hold an exponentially larger amount of charge than a standard electrolytic. An ultra capacitor is a bit of a pseudo sales marketing gimmick in my opinion it's supposed to be a hybrid between a battery and a capacitor

but by the very definition one cannot be the other because the capacitor holds electrical charge which is why it can give it away at instant if there's no conversion needed whereas a battery holds a chemical potential which is why it takes time to release its power so you can have one or the other you don't have both so it's a bit of a sales gimmick but in a nutshell an ultra capacitor is basically a super capacitor.

Somethings not right with your caps because ive never used the app yet and despite never using said app i hooked up my cap bank (no light was on when i received it from the seller) i hiiked it up it senced 12v blue light comes on and i start my car and its working so im not sure why yours wont work if you un hook it then hook it back up it should do its thing like mine did?
I wondered how you got your cap powered up without the app. I had to download the app, type in 1234, then it turned from orange to blue. I hope there is a way to roll back the app; I'd hate to open it and find no bypass solution. I do not think it is a lithium bank so there should be no need for a BMS or any other safety electronics.

The difference is the dielectric as well as the metal plates and the surface of the middle plates as well as how thin everything is

A super capacitor is the same as a regular electrolitic capacitor exept the sheet separating the two plates is so thin to allow them to be able to roll up so much aluminum material in there that they can only handle about 3 volts because anything above I think 4.8 and the voltage will short circuit through the protective sheets to the other plate and you'll short circuit and have a ruined capacitor this is why a 200 volt 1000 UF capacitor is 10 times bigger than a 16 volt 1000 uf capacitor because the dielectric separator is much thicker on the 200 volt one to keep short circuiting from happening

Likewise the super capacitor uses a special liquid that helps conduct electrons much better what that liquid is it varies from company to company but it's an important factor as well as the surface area of the two sheets depicts how much power can be stored and super capacitors main differences they will use graphene or activated charcoal for both on the surface of the aluminum plates

because those microscopic little pockets and pits help hold more electrons enabling the capacitor to hold an exponentially larger amount of charge than a standard electrolytic. An ultra capacitor is a bit of a pseudo sales marketing gimmick in my opinion it's supposed to be a hybrid between a battery and a capacitor

but by the very definition one cannot be the other because the capacitor holds electrical charge which is why it can give it away at instant if there's no conversion needed whereas a battery holds a chemical potential which is why it takes time to release its power so you can have one or the other you don't have both so it's a bit of a sales gimmick but in a nutshell an ultra capacitor is basically a super capacitor.
Your post explains how to increase capacitance. Are you trying to say "super capacitors" have higher capacitance than capacitors? I realize 1 farad is more than 0.5 farad, but that doesn't make them different components.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...