why do my subs go crazy when I turn off my car and open driver and passenger door and how do I fix?

Jaci.armstrong

CarAudio.com Newbie
my car is a 2022 Volkswagen and I installed 2 12s and when I turn off my car and say someone opens the passenger door or the back doors at the same time the driver door is open the subs go off like crazyyyy loud humming but only when the doors open and the car is off. I NEED HELP

my car is a 2022 Volkswagen and I installed 2 12s and when I turn off my car and say someone opens the passenger door or the back doors at the same time the driver door is open the subs go off like crazyyyy loud humming but only when the doors open and the car is off. I NEED HELP
I had this issue a while back, it was a bad amp. If I slammed the driver's door it would go into a loud humming. Radio off and no power going into the remote wire.

Most of the A.Pipe amps I put in were pretty reliable. Very interesting issue though. Ive never come across that.
I ended up trading that combo for an IPod touch. I still have that IPod connected to my Pioneer Appradio. The sub was an Audiopipe 10" iirc "eyecandy" edition. It was an awesome blue frame and blue aluminum cone. Combo sounded pretty damn good. Hence the reason I heard the loud hum when the wind yanked the door from my grip and slammed it. I was looking all around trying to figure out what that noise was in the mall parking lot. Surprise, it is I, your truck! Ha ha!

Not much help, but I experience something similar when I switch my headlights to "running light" mode (no headlights, but marker lamps and driving lights on). It's not extreme, but a noticeable hum or buzz.

I'm assuming some type of ground issue or the dimmer connection to he head unit, but have no clue until I start tracing things.
Being a non-critical problem, I just leave the headlights on "auto".

Try isolating your wiring, and give us more info on how it's all installed. Someone may catch an obvious issue.

When this amp failed it played a horrible full volume "death note" that only stopped once I pulled out the power fuse. The amp failed due to the board walking out from vibration when the enclosure internal bracing came loose. It was LOUD and cringe when it happened.

GVxPmIE.jpg

If you are using signal sensing, it will not work with your car. Your car sends a signal thru the electrical system to do a diagnostic whenever the car is off. If you look, you will see that your amp is still on and has not turned off. You need to run a remote signal from a keyed source.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...