The perfict fix for if your dipping below 12v

Your post explains how to increase capacitance. Are you trying to say "super capacitors" have higher capacitance than capacitors? I realize 1 farad is more than 0.5 farad, but that doesn't make them different components.
Yes super/ultra-capacitors have higher capacitance.

The average ultra cap bank is 500farad made of (6) 3000farad cells in series.

Significantly more powerful than even the largest normal capacitors offered by most car audio companies.

Matketing?

No super/ultracaps have significantly more energy storage over traditional caps and they retain their ability to rapidly discharge.

I would prefer a lithium bank over ultracaps but ultracaps are always a benefit.
Higher capacitance means more energy storage. Adding "super" and "ultra" is marketing unless you think they are functionally different. X farads of "supercaps" is the same as X farads of capacitors.

Higher capacitance means more energy storage. Adding "super" and "ultra" is marketing unless you think they are functionally different. X farads of "supercaps" is the same as X farads of capacitors.
They use super/ultra to show the significant difference/change in capacitance over the existing capacitors. I mean you're talking about a 100x increase in capacitance.

They function the same but use different materials to increase performance.

In the end your arguing about the semantics of a name when it's an industry standard not a marketing term for just one company.

They use super/ultra to show the significant difference/change in capacitance over the existing capacitors. I mean you're talking about a 100x increase in capacitance.

They function the same but use different materials to increase performance.

In the end your arguing about the semantics of a name when it's an industry standard not a marketing term for just one company.
Capacitance can be picofarads or less, but nobody claims that higher capacitance is "ultra" or "super". It would actually make more sense for capacitors to have a special name, since all cable has capacitance. When 0.5 farad caps first came out for car audio, they were called capacitors.

I'm arguing that "ultra-" and "super-" are marketing names. Too many people (including the nerds who say capacitors are a gimmick) buy into the marketing gimmick. Apparently capacitors are snake oil, but super-capacitors are the real deal. Which is more marketing: an electronics component, or adding the word "super" to a common item?

Capacitance can be picofarads or less, but nobody claims that higher capacitance is "ultra" or "super". It would actually make more sense for capacitors to have a special name, since all cable has capacitance. When 0.5 farad caps first came out for car audio, they were called capacitors.

I'm arguing that "ultra-" and "super-" are marketing names. Too many people (including the nerds who say capacitors are a gimmick) buy into the marketing gimmick. Apparently capacitors are snake oil, but super-capacitors are the real deal. Which is more marketing: an electronics component, or adding the word "super" to a common item?
Ultra and Super sell better than 3 Farad Cap.

"They" say there the "real deal" because the "snake oil 1f per 1000 watts rms does pretty much nothing where as a 500f bank of super caps actually has a substantial effect in comparison , but semanticists aside you all stop hamming up this topic over something as stupid as semanticists or take it to PM's if you just have to d!ck slap each other over the name of them

"They" say there the "real deal" because the "snake oil 1f per 1000 watts rms does pretty much nothing where as a 500f bank of super caps actually has a substantial effect in comparison , but semanticists aside you all stop hamming up this topic over something as stupid as semanticists or take it to PM's if you just have to d!ck slap each other over the name of them
You had me at dick slap. Where do I sign up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...