AVH-W4400NEX reboots (sometimes) when touchscreen is touched. How to fix?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeffw_00

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
So I have a new AVH-W4400NEX installed in late 2019. I use it to run Android Auto. Over the past few months it started <occasionally> rebooting when I touched a virtual button on the screen. More recently it happens every 3rd or 4th touch. I can do a hard-reset (losing my settings), re-install the last FW update, replace the SD card, or send it in for service. Has anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts as to what would likely fix it? (Works flawlessly otherwise). Thanks!

Not that specific issue but plenty of other issues. Had it sent off and repaired under warranty which fixed it from the constant pixel screen but it will restart itself while driving randomly. Highly annoying and done with pioneer. Have another model in my truck and it is a headache as well

So a hard-reset seemed to reduce the frequency of the issue, but it didn't go away. In fact, I can re-create it repeatably by going through screen calibration (it always reboots at steps 3 or 4). I tried to re-install the FW update but it won't let me update to the same version.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...