opinion on AMERICAN LEGACY amps

The LA1490? Yah, it pushes my subs. That is running full tilt (GAIN ALL THE WAY UP) and I think I can get enough power to bump with the remote all the way up. Man, I see all my other friends with nice amps just barely playing with their gain levels while mine is all out. Personally, I like the Legacy. It does the job and *it was cheap* I have had mine for 5-6 months with no problems. However, I feel that they have their place as a "temporary amp" while you save up for a nicer amp. Personally I am gonna get the JL 500/1 or Fosgate 360.2 BOTH OF WHICH PUT OUT MORE POWER!! THAN A 1600 WATT LEGACY. ok, I am done, peace out.

i agree with you i once had my leagcy 500watt amp wired for 2ohm bridge this is when i was new to the game and it never blew and 3years later i still have it im not useing it right now but when duty calls its there for me

Originally posted by LHSroller a "temporary amp"
add these to your lists too.....

1. pyle

2. american pro

3. pyramid

4. profile audio

there's plenty more.......i just cant remember....but as a guideline if u can buy it at aflea-market and it costs $9.99 including drinks, then it aint really gonna compete with a $400 sub teams of engineers have been working on, although we shoud all remember that its all in the install as even the dirtiest of subs can sound like some of the cleanest...

I owned a Am. Legacy LA590 800watt 2 channel amp and it was awsome for the money. I never had any probs with it and it worked just as it was supost to, it was surley not the best amp but for what a paid for it new (almost nothing) it was tottally worth it.

Aight get the "american legacy" also known as a prostitute cuz they are cheap and not worth the money..put like 394374 galloons of gas on the amp and light the **** thing on fire

it aint worth anything

Originally posted by jtmoney  

add these to your lists too.....

1. pyle

2. american pro

3. pyramid

4. profile audio

there's plenty more.......i just cant remember....but as a guideline if u can buy it at aflea-market and it costs $9.99 including drinks, then it aint really gonna compete with a $400 sub teams of engineers have been working on, although we shoud all remember that its all in the install as even the dirtiest of subs can sound like some of the cleanest...

LOL!!! do what you can afford, ya know? something (even crappy something) is better than nothing!!!

I got A legacy 2000 watt amp 2 ch. powering two Audio Bahn Alum series 15in subs and i got tha gain almost turned down all tha way and it still pounds them straight.It gets hot as hell quick but it still pounds those *****ez.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.