Fitting speAker wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
So my subs have 10gauge terminals but I have 8 gauge wire for it now - if I trimmed down the wire, would it only act as 10 gauge or would it be best to get nuts and bolts and washers and ring terminals to get it to fit properly?

Coming from my electrical knowledge and my lack of musical knowledge, it should pick up a little resistance from where you trimmed it, but have the low resistance from where you didn't. Aka less resistance than if you used 10ga, more than if you used 8. But in reality, you will be fine, don't worry about it.

make it neat and dont trim to much.
Yeah. It looks terrible right now which is why I asked. Because I love a clean wiring job. So I'll mess with it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.