First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

No kidding. Where was this when i was a teenager!?

No shitt! My first two amps were around $500 a piece. A Rockford Fosgate Punch 150hd and a Nakamichi PA400M for my subs (220 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms). My subs were the Rockford Fosgate pro series 12's (dual 8 ohm) that cost $380 a piece in 1989. My 590 watt system cost me $4,500 in 1989.

No shitt! My first two amps were around $500 a piece. A Rockford Fosgate Punch 150hd and a Nakamichi PA400M for my subs (220 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms). My subs were the Rockford Fosgate pro series 12's (dual 8 ohm) that cost $380 a piece in 1989. My 590 watt system cost me $4,500 in 1989.
Makes you wonder where we'll be in a decade, and why can't vehicle prices plummet like stereo prices.

Yea that definitely makes sense, I’m still a teenager so I’m trying to save every penny.

The Taramps will really push that XFL1222. I had a similar setup in a 2001 convertible BMW and it hit hard. If you go with the Taramps, just make sure that you buy the one ohm version of the amp.

Adjusted for inflation, $4,500.00 in 1989 is equal to $9,596.54 in 2020. Annual inflation over this period was 2.47%

Crazy, I drove that car to Tennessee from Vegas for my Junior year of College. I was on a full ride baseball scholarship. Imagine the system that you could get these days for $9,500.

Fu is known for their quality and is Made in the USA. I would take a Fu subwoofer over an XFL any day of the week. Just like I would a Fi or a SSA or Sundown. Not saying that the XFL can't hit but when comparing the quality of the components there is a difference in them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.