First post need help please. Electrical help

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hey guys, First post on the forums and i need help lol. My current setup is 2 15" soundqubed hds300's wired to 1 ohm each on a hifonics brx2400.1d and the way i was planning on running it was i was going to use my xs power d3400 in the rear but i wasnt going to have a charge cable coming from the alt, i was just gonna charge the bat when it needed it. my question is would this be a sufficient way to run the setup? or would a 0 gauge run from alt pos to rear bat pos be better that way the alt manages the charging? or is it bat pos to bat pos instead? Btw i'm in a 2009 escalade that has a 160amp alt in it. a tech support guy from xs power said the run of 0 gauge from bat pos to rear bat pos would work but would the alt be able to supply enough power? or is a new alt the answer? like a 250-300 amp ho alt? I need all the help I can get and any response is a good response. also If i left out any information, please let me know and I'll add it

With that amp you need the bigger alt. singer makes a 350 that would leave room for a bigger amp. I just ordered 2 or them for a buddy also the pos cable from the alt or battery pos is fine either way

With that amp you need the bigger alt. singer makes a 350 that would leave room for a bigger amp. I just ordered 2 or them for a buddy also the pos cable from the alt or battery pos is fine either way
Ok so the tech support dude also gave me a link to a kit with everything I need to do the wiring from starter to secondary with fuses and grounds and stuff like that. Is doing this without the new alt going to be enough to run my system? and i'm already doing the big 3 although i dont believe it plays a part to doing this just doesnt hurt to have

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

xs power ak-3000

Issue is with most of the gm trucks. Mine included they can't run more than 1000 rms without straining the electrical system if stock. So you need to beef it up quite a bit. The hifonics amps are very power hungry and need to be fed properly usually the big 3 will help with battery strain. But it can only do so much same with a better battery. You have to be able to make the power to use it if you get my meaning If your not going any bigger amp power wise. Then a 225 or 250 amp alt will suffice. But if you think you might want more down the road. Then get the 350 amp

Issue is with most of the gm trucks. Mine included they can't run more than 1000 rms without straining the electrical system if stock. So you need to beef it up quite a bit. The hifonics amps are very power hungry and need to be fed properly usually the big 3 will help with battery strain. But it can only do so much same with a better battery. You have to be able to make the power to use it if you get my meaning If your not going any bigger amp power wise. Then a 225 or 250 amp alt will suffice. But if you think you might want more down the road. Then get the 350 amp
I wont be going bigger amp wise but I might go with the 350 anyways juuust incase I decide to up my mids and highs. and you said you have had experience with two of the 350's? How do you like them in terms of performance? Also Do you have a link the the dealer you bought them from?

I wont be going bigger amp wise but I might go with the 350 anyways juuust incase I decide to up my mids and highs. and you said you have had experience with two of the 350's? How do you like them in terms of performance? Also Do you have a link the the dealer you bought them from?
just realized singer is a guy who makes alts i found the site

You can't go wrong listening/dealing with my lows, I just got one of those alts, he was extremely helpful through out stayed in contact letting me know every step of the alt build and made sure I got all the schit I needed for the install, hey jim.

You can't go wrong listening/dealing with my lows, I just got one of those alts, he was extremely helpful through out stayed in contact letting me know every step of the alt build and made sure I got all the schit I needed for the install, hey jim.
ok looks like im deffinatly going with singer for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.