Quick question about my battery charger! NEED INPUT!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys.. just had a quick question for you all!

So, originally when I bought this battery charger, I knew very little about what to look for in a charger. I ended up buying this one because a buddy recommended it, and it got stellar reviews everywhere I looked. Now that I'm starting to get a little more involved with this stuff and gain knowledge about the electrical side of things, I'm beginning to wonder if this charger is capable of charging my electrical system.. I've been using it for 2 months, and it seems to be doing just fine?.. But I still want you guys to weigh in on it!

My charger is the Ctek Multi US 7002 12v charger. Link to it is CTEK Multi US 7002 - CTEK Battery Chargers

The charger is rated for up to 225 Ah for it's charging capacity.

The problem is (or I think it's a problem, don't really know) is that my batteries, which are 2 D3100's and a D3400, add up to 285 Ah altogether.

Is my charger doing the job? Can it do the job? I charge my entire system, or top it off would be a better way to put it, every couple days.. I have a DC Power 270XP alternator under the hood as well keeping up with the charge on the road.

THANK YOU! Any input is appreciated!

I charge my batteries off a 15 ah charger. I have 380 ah worth of batteries. It's all about the voltage your batteries are sitting at when charged. My battery charger will go up to 14v or so while charging. Does it have a finished charging light? And what do your batteries rest at after a charge?

Yep! It seems to go through the entire "cycle" that the charger is said to go through. I'll throw it on before bed, and in the morning it will signify it being fully charged with a green light! I don't have an exact answer for you on the resting voltage of the batts.. but if I recall correctly, I think 12.78 is what they read at one time after charging? If that's completely rediculous, excuse my memory. Haha. I'll follow up on that question tomorrow after I charge tonight!

I never let them get very drained. I charge often.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.