First comp!! Need suggestions for music..

Nate121

Logan, WV
Like the title says I'll be going to my first competition this Friday. The way they're judging is basically in a 30 second interval. Box is tuned at 35hz. Looking for something that will bang. By the way this competition isn't a official comp. But I'd never been to one so I figured I'd go and get metered just to see what I hit.

Like the title says I'll be going to my first competition this Friday. The way they're judging is basically in a 30 second interval. Box is tuned at 35hz. Looking for something that will bang. By the way this competition isn't a official comp. But I'd never been to one so I figured I'd go and get metered just to see what I hit.
La roux - in for the kill decaf..

Phaela & soundmouse - afterglow decaf

These will bang on a 35hz tuned box.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I've had my car metered once at an unsanctioned competition. I had lots of time to test. I found where my car peaks using the tone generator within the Ultimate Car Audio App, then I got my highest score with a song I found with a 10 second Youtube search that had bass centered on the peak frequency. A sweep isn't as helpful as your idea of which frequency is vaguely within a few Hz.

I've had my car metered once at an unsanctioned competition. I had lots of time to test. I found where my car peaks using the tone generator within the Ultimate Car Audio App, then I got my highest score with a song I found with a 10 second Youtube search that had bass centered on the peak frequency. A sweep isn't as helpful as your idea of which frequency is vaguely within a few Hz.
Thanks, I really appreciate that and I downloaded that app, which is actually really nice. I seem to not be able to tell a real difference between 39-41 in volume. I'm not sure if that's just me or the peak will have a small frame like that to sit in.

Thanks, I really appreciate that and I downloaded that app, which is actually really nice. I seem to not be able to tell a real difference between 39-41 in volume. I'm not sure if that's just me or the peak will have a small frame like that to sit in.
You should have a range in which there is very little difference. Once you're on a high SPL meter it should become more apparent which frequency is the peak, or at least that was my observation using a slot ported enclosure.

You should have a range in which there is very little difference. Once you're on a high SPL meter it should become more apparent which frequency is the peak, or at least that was my observation using a slot ported enclosure.
I wish I could afford a meter to really test everything. But sadly Friday will be my only option. White clouds decaf slams pretty hard on it. I'm only running one 12 at 1400 before voltage drop and rise

You need a real SPL meter to see for sure what your peak is. Otherwise you're blind guessing. More importantly than hitting your peak for 30 second music runs is to find a song with pretty much just a pure sine wave for 30 seconds as a bass line.

I used to use this one with @ 54hz peak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJeWMmFWUgc Pretty much steady bass line for most of it.

Also, clean your car out completely if you keep like empty bottles, a gym bag, toolbox, etc. Any extra junk should be left at home, it generally robs you of DEEBEEZ.

You need a real SPL meter to see for sure what your peak is. Otherwise you're blind guessing. More importantly than hitting your peak for 30 second music runs is to find a song with pretty much just a pure sine wave for 30 seconds as a bass line.
I used to use this one with @ 54hz peak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJeWMmFWUgc Pretty much steady bass line for most of it.

Also, clean your car out completely if you keep like empty bottles, a gym bag, toolbox, etc. Any extra junk should be left at home, it generally robs you of DEEBEEZ.
Thanks I'll be sure to clean it thoroughly. But its weird though 32 and 33 hits insanely hard, as well as 39-41. But it seems as the intensity between those ranges aren't as, intense maybe?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.