***^^^FIRST BUILD-Please help me optimize this box for 2 12" Type-Rs^^^***

skullsmasher
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca
The box size is approx 46"x26" in the back of my Ext cab S10 and I was thinking a single slot port in the middle would suffice....?

I am running 2 12" Type-Rs with a Autotek 1400.1 mono amp

Will this size be too large or will it work nicely ie, sound good and loud?

How should I tune my deck with the box and subs I have?

How big should the port be?

Any related info will be very helpful because this is my first box build. Thanks.

What would you like the tuning freq to be? and ill let you know whatever you want. you can call the manu and find out the optimal or pick one. longer bass lower cut off freq or high spl and a higher cut of freq. I have software so let me know whatever you wanna know

What would you like the tuning freq to be? and ill let you know whatever you want. you can call the manu and find out the optimal or pick one. longer bass lower cut off freq or high spl and a higher cut of freq. I have software so let me know whatever you wanna know
**** man, I dont even know lol. I am gonna listen to rap mostly, so I just want it to hit hard on a daily....???

Suggestions?

Thanks tooo man.

So you want it to be rather large. and vented. well, personally i would make it dual chamber incase anything happens to 1 sub, the other will NOT get damaged because of it. (of course more detail needed if u don't know what i mean.)

Well i figured 26 x 46 x 13.5 (external dim)

w/ 2 ports 12 x 2 x 13.2 each.

This would be a 7.571 cu^ft. box w/ 6.765 internal volume

(after chamber wall, port volume and sub volume)

Box is Tuned to 35Hz Cut-off Freq. - 28.64 Hz

Box Parts (Square Prism)

1 Top, 1 Bottom: 13.5 © x 46 (b) in 0.75 (thick) in

1 Front, 1 Back: 24.5 (a) x 44.5 (d) in 0.75 (thick) in

2 Sides: 24.5 (a) x 13.5 © x 0.75 (thick) in

1 Center Wall: 24.5 x 12 x 0.75 (thick) in

Vent Parts

2 Sides: 12 (g) x 12.45 (h) x 0.75 (thick) in (remeber to edges by sanding.

Designed to be 26" high 46" wide and 13.5" deep (external dimensions)

w/ 2 chambers 1 port in each Tuned @ 35 Hz. (range 30 Hz - 100) just fine

Ports vent at top, in center. (Both use Chamber Wall)

Hell yea man, Ima get to cuttin this after I re measure once more to be sure, probly withink the next few days casue my sbs should be here today.

One thing though....

"2 Sides: 12 (g) x 12.45 (h) x 0.75 (thick) in (remeber to edges by sanding."

What am I gonna do to get the ports exactly? I gotta cut out the slot for em on each side, then are those measurements the ones for the port walls (3 right?) ?

I just am kinda lost on that last part, sorry man.

Then since there is a lip, on the floor, I guess I can make a false floor, or maybe cut each side and .......eh, this **** is complicated lol.

See, there is this lip like this:

on th efloor so a flat bottom won't work unless I make a false floor, unless someone knows the measurements for an ext cab s10 right there.

I got these but I forget which measurements are for teh floor..

3/4 mdf:

45"x27"

45"x7"

45"x15"

45"x3"

45"x8"

Of course it can be smaller. I just made it by his approx specs. (H x W) I can make everything "proper" if you gimme the lip drop and depth for jack stowage. also would you like to "check out" the comp designed box vol. for each sub.

Well, you're no use as an enclosure designer... if you have no grasp of whether or not an enclosure is well outside optimal range.

He just listed his MAXIMUM dimensions... doesn't mean you need to use every inch of them...

nG

Well, you're no use as an enclosure designer... if you have no grasp of whether or not an enclosure is well outside optimal range.
He just listed his MAXIMUM dimensions... doesn't mean you need to use every inch of them...

nG
what size do you suggest then ?

As he said earlier, 2-2.5cf net each.
I have no idea how to calculate that though.

........Years later I will become aware that I have an IQ of 16 and am what some people refer to as "Mentally retarded".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.