Trigger Man!
Vegas
Please let me know where I messed up. Headunit- Kenwood DDX771
Taramps CRX4 4 way crossover
Speakers-
2- Pioneer TS-B350 Pro tweets
2- Pioneer TS-M650 Pro 6.5" midrange
2- American Bass VFL65MB 6.5" midbass
1- American Bass HD15D2 (3.9 cubes ported net tuned to 32hz.) 13 ply Baltic Birch clear coated
Amps-
Taramps DS250X2- tweets (8 gauge)
Taramps DS800X4- midrange and midbass (8 gauge)
Taramps MD3K- sub (4 gauge)(Only and 18" run to the battery)
Two AGM batteries
Small Alternator (biggest that I could find for my car)
LED voltmeter in the dash (wired directly to a battery)
Big three 1/0 Sky High OFC
14 gauge OFC for speakers
8 gauge OFC for Sub
Knuconcepts RCA's
Orion Stinger 8000 RCA for Sub
Whole car is sound deadened (doors, rear quarters, roof, sunroof, under the dash, and under the front fiberglass hood) Even the roof slats on the luggage rack are padded to prevent any rattling.
Screenshot_20200807-034748_Gallery.jpg
20200807_020227.jpg

I don't like how narrow that port is and placing it that close to the driver may cause issues. I'd consider double baffling that box to seal off the existing port and put a nice flared round port on the opposite side from the sub. Otherwise seems like you didn't make any huge mistakes or under-size anything. Electrical may or may not be borderline depending how much current your alternator will make real-world but too many variables to know how it will perform for you in your normal use.

I think where you went wrong is asking for a low tuning then becoming concerned with the meter all of a sudden. You had all sorts of wants and wishes regarding space used iirc, some 1' material you wanted to use and your list above says 4ga on that HD3K.
I don't know what you're after anymore... seriously. I just think you are after positive reinforcement... ok.then

I think where you went wrong is asking for a low tuning then becoming concerned with the meter all of a sudden. You had all sorts of wants and wishes regarding space used iirc, some 1' material you wanted to use and your list above says 4ga on that HD3K.
I don't know what you're after anymore... seriously. I just think you are after positive reinforcement... ok.then

View attachment 22872

The installer talked me into 4 gauge because the run was less than 18 inches to the battery. I've never posted my whole system top to bottom. I'm not after a pat on the back. I'm wondering what mistakes I may have made along the way. Believe me, the box you designed produces clean deep bass that people are shocked by. I'll delete the post. I'm not after a pat on the back. Believe me, look at my rating -142. It was -250+.

The installer talked me into 4 gauge because the run was less than 18 inches to the battery. I've never posted my whole system top to bottom. I'm not after a pat on the back. I'm wondering what mistakes I may have made along the way. Believe me, the box you designed produces clean deep bass that people are shocked by. I'll delete the post. I'm not after a pat on the back. Believe me, look at my rating -142. It was -250+.
Honestly... it looks ok on paper. Tuned 32 or so will lower a touch after break in a bit I'd think so LOW tuned in a small cabin don't shoot for #'s without redoing it for sure. Beware... it can get frustrating and expensive chasing that meter.
I think if the only alt you can grab is smallish... I'd ditch the agm and get lithium.
And redo the sub amp with 1/0 power ground.

Honestly... it looks ok on paper. Tuned 32 or so will lower a touch after break in a bit I'd think so LOW tuned in a small cabin don't shoot for #'s without redoing it for sure. Beware... it can get frustrating and expensive chasing that meter.
I think if the only alt you can grab is smallish... I'd ditch the agm and get lithium.
And redo the sub amp with 1/0 power ground.

I'm getting the install finished Wednesday. Even this shop said since its such a short run (18") that 4 gauge is no big deal. I even showed them the reducers, and 1/0 OFC from Sky High that I already have. I'm definitely not chasing a meter. The numbers are interesting to me though. It's only been metered once. This install shop seems pretty legit. The first shop was kind of like a Best Buy install shop. These guys have installed multiple systems for the owner of Down4Sound. We'll see.

Huh. That doesn't look like 3" wide port in the picture. And yeah, 4 gauge cable is a problem on a 3K amp period. You seriously can't afford 8$ for a couple feet of proper cable?
I've got 1/0 Sky High OFC sitting here. Along with 4 to 1/0 reducers. Two install places have told me that since it's only a 12"-18" run to the battery that 4 gauge is sufficient. Maybe, I'll just force them to change it out. And the OFC 1/0 was $20 for 5 feet.
20200807_191223.jpg
20200807_191159.jpg
20200807_191137.jpg

Huh. That doesn't look like 3" wide port in the picture. And yeah, 4 gauge cable is a problem on a 3K amp period. You seriously can't afford 8$ for a couple feet of proper cable?

Did you see the port is 3" wide? And, yes I have nice 1/0 OFC and reducers just waiting. So, yes, I can seriously afford some very nice "proper" wire. 😂

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.