Finished Building System, Any thoughts?

I kinda wish there was a novice car audio site where you're not expected to know everything then treated like crap if you don't.
Idk what this has to do with this thread? Op asked for thoughts. Judging from his equipment choices I'd assume he's going for spl.
I think Facebook has some car audio sites like that. I've never felt like I was expected to know everything here and have gotten good advice here and I certainly don't put myself in the spl chasing/competition crowd. More for fun for me hobby type thing ya know. There are others around here like myself that's never competed or been to a show that just enjoy car audio.

Don't recall ever feeling like I've been treated like crap either but maybe I have thick skin idk.

Big. 4.5 net. Notice I said net! 35-37 good.

I know how to figure the box cubic feet, but I don't know how to figure the length of the port to tune the box to 35-37. I might be able to fit 5-5.25 before sub and port.
I agree with this ^^^^ 100%
I don't think that Soundstream is as powerful as you think... especially wired to 1ohm (impedance rise).
Imo you left a lot of output on the table by undersizing the enclosure, it'll sound fine and all but realize the output you get probably could have been improved by sizing the box for your power I think he' saying... @Slo_Ride ... am I assuming that was your point?

Dead

Last edited:
You're talking to people that will build a whole new box to gain .5 db in competition.
Coming from the guy that just gave up building a simple SRT forum 12 design any enclosure recommendations you give are suspect in my opinion, I'm glad you are happy with your prefab and glad you are willing to give advice. I'd just stick to your knowledge and enclosures don't seem to really be within your purview.

Op...I stated this in one of your other threads...

"Your best bet is to enclose that monster tuned to your taste and sized/ported for your power, configured for your vehicle and please... No prefabs.
Be clear on your goals with your designer/builder."

That was regarding the Orion XTR2500, now a Sounstream rubicon is being used?
From underrated power to overrated. Any way you decide to go, modeling it for response, velocities... etc is the best way to start.
If you are unable to do this or unwilling to try/learn... I'd try purchasing a design. (tons of designers out there)
Of course, that current box you got might make you happy... idk

Last edited:
Like, I said, I've purchased everything for the system. I'm waiting on the interior to be installed before installing everything. Everybody was telling me that the Orion 2500.1 Amp was too big for the car and the sub. So, I bought the Soundstream 2500.1 LE. It's rated at 2,500 rms. @ 1 ohm, but dynod at 2,300 rms. @ 1ohm. (over 2,600 dynamic). The sub is listed at 1,500 rms. and 3,000 max. I thought it was a good fit. I just can't trust the Taramps as a sub amp, but that's just my old school leanings (size matters). Just sayin
I'm curious now... a lotta sites have the HD listed as 2K rms... is yours an older one?
*Edit*... i saw it listed as 2k but 1500 in the T/S parameters.

Last edited:
Coming from the guy that just gave up building a simple SRT forum 12 design any enclosure recommendations you give are suspect in my opinion, I'm glad you are happy with your prefab and glad you are willing to give advice. I'd just stick to your knowledge and enclosures don't seem to really within your purview.

Op...I stated this in one of your other threads...

"Your best bet is to enclose that monster tuned to your taste and sized/ported for your power, configured for your vehicle and please... No prefabs.
Be clear on your goals with your designer/builder."

That was regarding the Orion XTR2500, now a Sounstream rubicon is being used?
From underrated power to overrated. Any way you decide to go, modeling it for response, velocities... etc is the best way to start.
If you are unable to do this or unwilling to try/learn... I'd try purchasing a design. (tons of designers out there)
Of course, that current box you got might make you happy... idk

Exactly what I was saying. You guys talk down to people. I offered cash for a box design with a cut list but this dead ass site nobody could design it.

Don't worry they can close my account.

Exactly what I was saying. You guys talk down to people. I offered cash for a box design with a cut list but this dead ass site nobody could design it.

You marched off with that srt design to build it, screwed it up and got frustrated... I wouldn't help a spaz if he paid... and usually I help for free.
Relax and ease your pain my man...
c76cmU5.jpg

Some people come across as condescending. Probably, not on purpose, but it feels that way. Just like texts, people interpret the message in different ways. Us older guys/women were on the ground floor of Car Audio. Kids these days can't phathom paying over $1 a watt or $600 for a CD player. My first system cost $5,500 in 1989. My bass amp was over $500 and was rated at 220 watts X 2 @ 2ohms. It was pushing two RF pro series 12's. Now, translate $5,500 in 1989 into today's dollars ($10-$15k?). Us older just feel a little disrespected sometimes. That's all!
I didn't quote you but ok sorry ya feel disrespected. Idk what age qualifies as older but 1$ a watt doesn't seem that long ago to me.
Some people just need a little thicker skin that's all I'm saying. It's the internet after all. Have a little fun with it instead of getting hurt feelings. Personally don't waste my time letting anything anyone says on here,or anywhere on the internet for that matter,bother me.

I'd go 4.5ft3 net 60-65in2 of port tuned 30-32hz to get those mad lows.
Idk your available space, or if you'd be able to fit something like that as you've got an older VW Bug as I recall.
Something like that ^^^ will be over 6ft3 externally.

Alls I have to say, is Shredder is a descent guy, He’s helped me a lot, and asked for nothing in return, other then updates.
But I do know what your saying about some people on this site. I have also been talked down to on here, but I try to let it all roll off my shoulders, it really isn’t worth being upset over ******** on the internet, I’ll never know.
****, I’ve even had one member on here, so butt-hurt over my political beliefs...the he felt he had to attack me on other threads, with some race baiting idiocy! Then the ***** had the nerve to call me a butt-hurt snowflake!!! Lmfao!!!!
I felt I had to block the idiot, because I’m not here to argue with some whiny but-hurt snowflake, over ********! I’m here to learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.