Finished Building System, Any thoughts?

Pioneer DDX771 head unit
Two sets of pioneer pro ts350 tweeters
Two sets of pioneer pro 6.5 midrange drivers
One Taramps DS800X4 2 ohm for high stage. 200wattsX4 @2ohm
One American Bass HD15d2
Subwoofer box= 4.2 cu.ft. before speaker and port, tuned to 35hz.
One Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1d Limited Edition, 2,500@1 ohm.
All OFC amp kits (0 and 4 gauge)
Two H6 AGM batteries
High amp alternator
Not installed yet, but appreciate any thoughts! Thanks for reading.

Looks good to me!!

Just post an update about that 4chan taramps amp once you install it because that's my next purchase.

I had two TS800x4s and they were great little amps. The DS line is even better built. Loads of power and super tiny.

Taramps copy.jpg
IMG_20150824_160607 copy.jpg
800x4.jpg

Ok, are we on the same page when you say before sub and port? I take it to mean that your box is 4.2 before you subract the volume of the sub and port. Correct?

4.2 before sub and port is what 3.5?

Hell I would of went at least 4.2 after sub and port.
I agree with this ^^^^ 100%
I don't think that Soundstream is as powerful as you think... especially wired to 1ohm (impedance rise).
Imo you left a lot of output on the table by undersizing the enclosure, it'll sound fine and all but realize the output you get probably could have been improved by sizing the box for your power I think he' saying... @Slo_Ride ... am I assuming that was your point?

I agree with this ^^^^ 100%
I don't think that Soundstream is as powerful as you think... especially wired to 1ohm (impedance rise).
Imo you left a lot of output on the table by undersizing the enclosure, it'll sound fine and all but realize the output you get probably could have been improved by sizing the box for your power I think he' saying... @Slo_Ride ... am I assuming that was your point?
Yeps

I had to sell my Orion XTR2500.1dz because it would've drawn too much from my electrical. I'm limited with my electrical upgrade options. So, how big of a box would you guys recommend before port and sub? 4.75? 5? I should've named this thread, Finished Buying System. Waiting on interior install first. So, to maximize the Soundstream (dyno at 2,400 @1 ohm), how big should the box be? Tuning? I was thinking 35hz. The box is being built out of 1" MDF.

Bro I wouldn't worry about it. You're talking to people that will build a whole new box to gain .5 db in competition.

It's going to sound good. I kinda wish there was a novice car audio site where you're not expected to know everything then treated like crap if you don't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.