Timbo74

CarAudio.com Well Known
Aug 10, 2019
Wisconsin
I like how everybody immediately thinks

I like how everybody immediately thinks you're an idiot. Too funny! 不不不不
I like how everybody immediately thinks

I like how everybody immediately thinks you're an idiot. Too funny! 不不不不
I really wasnt thinking that at all, just didnt understand why it wasnt possible.
There really wasnt any offense intended.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
So, I have the room. How many cubes gross should start with (before sub and port). I'm guessing the sub displacement is between .20 and .25
I wish I could help... really... but I don't advise using gross ever. I'll say around 4.5ft3 net with 55in2 of port minimum on your power, where you like it tuned? Low and loud or a daily tune.
I usually work with measurements given and go from there.
I did try to PM you

Reactions: Slo_Ride
OP
B

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
I wish I could help... really... but I don't advise using gross ever. I'll say around 4.5ft3 net with 55in2 of port minimum on your power, where you like it tuned? Low and loud or a daily tune.
I usually work with measurements given and go from there.
I did try to PM you
Dead

Last edited:

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I think I can get 4ft3 at 32hz tune in your available space.
It'll be double baffled, braced, 45'd and optimized for your power and available space.
Would you like me to draw it up?

Oldmang

CarAudio.com noob
Aug 11, 2019
Az
Im on my phone now... Its double .75 baffled and .75 everywhere else.
How much?.. Nada man you just had to ask.
Pm Shredder2 your email or contact his.

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Why has no one mentioned lithiums or Northstar SMS slimline agms if the alt is limited to 90a?

You can run a big battery bank with a small alt BUT you will have to trickle charge intermittently because the alt won't be able to fully charge the batteries.

The larger the amp draw and the longer you play at full tilt the more frequently you will need to charge the batteries.

And keep in mind that an alt doesn't make it's full power until it's spinning at least 2k rpm. So if you don't drive the vehicle for long trips or sit in traffic a lot then the alt isn't charging very much.

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
I didn't see anything b.t. said that was incorrect. S.s has went down hill even from just a few years ago. There's a little more to an amplifier than dyno numbers. Efficiency built quality sound quality clean power etc. The whole w7 on same ss amp is laughable. Who buys expensive subs and powers it with cheap af amplifier.
Idk I appreciate most of the people on the forum who don't sugar coat anything and tell it like it is. That to me it is more helpful.
I'm not saying anything to be disrespectful to op and I hope you get what you're looking to get out your system . It's a fun hobby to be envoled with and should be taken as nothing more serious than that.

OP
B

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
I didn't see anything b.t. said that was incorrect. S.s has went down hill even from just a few years ago. There's a little more to an amplifier than dyno numbers. Efficiency built quality sound quality clean power etc. The whole w7 on same ss amp is laughable. Who buys expensive subs and powers it with cheap af amplifier.
Idk I appreciate most of the people on the forum who don't sugar coat anything and tell it like it is. That to me it is more helpful.
I'm not saying anything to be disrespectful to op and I hope you get what you're looking to get out your system . It's a fun hobby to be envoled with and should be taken as nothing more serious than that.
Dead

Last edited:

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
Like anything else At the end of the day it's someone else's opinion what you think of it is all that matters.
A forum is for everyone and all kinds.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Didn't get bent because I didn't hear what I wanted to hear. Tahoe popped in and just said garbage and didn't know the back story on why the amp was chosen and how much power out of said amp was needed. If he thinks SS is garbage, that's fine. I was just asking Shredder a question after a long thread, and Tahoe posted for the first time on the thread, saying they are garbage, and nothing else. It just rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. And, that's on me. I take things too personal, always have. A personality defect, if you will. So, my bad. Peace!
Then next time don't ask/post for opinions if you're gonna get butthurt so easily. You fail to see what I said about SS other than they're garbage now.....their older 90's amps were better. But you were focusing on the negative part of my comment instead and turned dickish. I had also mentioned that at best they're budget line amps. That's it nothing less, nothing more. Truthfully, it was actually someone else that asked how SS was nowadays, and I was the answer you got butthurt about.

Still have no idea where the conversation W7's is coming from.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
ask for thoughts then get bent out of shape when not hearing what u want.
maybe it's just me but I would've put a much more conservative system in a vehicle like that. To each his own.
Thanks @Boomin_tahoe for ruining the forum.
Oh yes it's what I do....sit on my fatass in front of my computer and ruin this forum.

OP
B

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
Then next time don't ask/post for opinions if you're gonna get butthurt so easily. You fail to see what I said about SS other than they're garbage now.....their older 90's amps were better. But you were focusing on the negative part of my comment instead and turned dickish. I had also mentioned that at best they're budget line amps. That's it nothing less, nothing more. Truthfully, it was actually someone else that asked how SS was nowadays, and I was the answer you got butthurt about.

Still have no idea where the conversation W7's is coming from.
Dead

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)

• D

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds