Final setup, gonna order some tomorrow, any last minute advice?

well if I ran the SDC I'd be giving it 500rms. what bothers me is that they r the same price.

since one is 300rms and an entry level sub and the other is 600rms and "the middle ground" sub for AQ. idk which to get. I just want something to play well for both rock and rap. but I want it to sound good. not just bang. if I wanted just that I'd get kicker.
There isn't some unwritten law that you MUST give a sub RMS power, i doubt the AQ would let you down, and if you did wanna get louder all you'd have to do is get a new amp.

bro... i love AQ... but that doesnt mean i will nuthug them... if i think theres a better sub for your specific wants, i'll let you know. the sdc is a great entry sub... but, like i said... if your wanting SQ to be a big part of your build, the dcon really is where its at

bro... i love AQ... but that doesnt mean i will nuthug them... if i think theres a better sub for your specific wants, i'll let you know. the sdc is a great entry sub... but, like i said... if your wanting SQ to be a big part of your build, the dcon really is where its at
Thanks man, I see what ur sayin.

I think ill go w the dcon then. I hear it still gets loud for what it is. And im coming from a pioneer tsw303R which is basically a $50 walmart sub. So I'm sure I'll be impressed with either.

x2 on apsm1300 i had 1 it ran into a issue at high power demands sent it back got he 2nd one to play it went to protect so i returned it.. it did thump when set at where it was but that was not anywhere near where it was supposed to be

x2 on apsm1300 i had 1 it ran into a issue at high power demands sent it back got he 2nd one to play it went to protect so i returned it.. it did thump when set at where it was but that was not anywhere near where it was supposed to be
Ive heard they have some design problems. They are def not something I'd ever run.

You really should hear my SDC's playing the music you listen to and go from there. You can also hear the wife's 15" Q as I'm sure it's pretty similar to a DCON. You can get opinions all day long, but YOUR ears will be the best judge of what you like and don't like.

IMO the Q is a little bottom heavy and rolls off up top pretty quickly, SDC's have a tight punch to them and aren't as pronounced/boomy on the lows. Box size/tuning and vehicle also plays into that, but that has been my experience with the set ups I've done with those subs.

You really should hear my SDC's playing the music you listen to and go from there. You can also hear the wife's 15" Q as I'm sure it's pretty similar to a DCON. You can get opinions all day long, but YOUR ears will be the best judge of what you like and don't like.
IMO the Q is a little bottom heavy and rolls off up top pretty quickly, SDC's have a tight punch to them and aren't as pronounced/boomy on the lows. Box size/tuning and vehicle also plays into that, but that has been my experience with the set ups I've done with those subs.
haha thanks. Yeah exactly, I feel like even with all the opinions everyone will have different taste. When we do the front speakers, etc which will hopefully be soon. I'd love to heard the SDCs. I thought u only had HDC's. I'm sure the HU has an aux jack, so I'll throw some of my songs on my iphone or something to play.

I probably can't afford the Q. I considered the fi X, but I can't rly find anything about it. The amp will either be an Alpine MRX-M50 or the AQ750 (same price and specs), so for the subs its basically between the Dcon and the SDC. Prob ruling out the 187 b/c its only a dual 4.

Thanks again!

what is your box tuned to?

SDC box is tuned to 38Hz and Q box tuned to 32Hz....

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

haha thanks. Yeah exactly, I feel like even with all the opinions everyone will have different taste. When we do the front speakers, etc which will hopefully be soon. I'd love to heard the SDCs. I thought u only had HDC's. I'm sure the HU has an aux jack, so I'll throw some of my songs on my iphone or something to play.I probably can't afford the Q. I considered the fi X, but I can't rly find anything about it. The amp will either be an Alpine MRX-M50 or the AQ750 (same price and specs), so for the subs its basically between the Dcon and the SDC. Prob ruling out the 187 b/c its only a dual 4.

Thanks again!
I wasn't suggesting getting a Q, I just mentioned you listening to it to hear the diff from the SDC as the Q should be close to what a DCON sounds like.

SDC box is tuned to 38Hz and Q box tuned to 32Hz.... 

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I wasn't suggesting getting a Q, I just mentioned you listening to it to hear the diff from the SDC as the Q should be close to what a DCON sounds like.
i agree, especially about hearing the subs before you buy.. but if he's looking at the dcon, i would suggest him find someone local with a good dcon set up... the Q is similar, but still not the same, u kno

i agree, especially about hearing the subs before you buy.. but if he's looking at the dcon, i would suggest him find someone local with a good dcon set up... the Q is similar, but still not the same, u kno
Don't know of anyone in the area running a DCON and I'm 99% sure the SDC's will do what he wants for his choice in music. I just want him to have another comparison of a solid set up. Of course he did hear a van with 4 18's in a wall last time he stopped by...

Don't know of anyone in the area running a DCON and I'm 99% sure the SDC's will do what he wants for his choice in music. I just want him to have another comparison of a solid set up. Of course he did hear a van with 4 18's in a wall last time he stopped by...
Lmao yeah, I havent heard much. I've heard 2 underpowered kicker comps in a prefab box that were probably wired wrong.

Then I heard a walled van with 4 18's. haha, so I've basically heard 2 systems. One that sounded like ***** and one that can cause small earthquakes.

Havent heard anything in between besides my old system, which was a $50 pioneer TSW-303R sub. So anything "good" will probably impress me.

I posted in the local forum asking for anyone with a 187 or Dcon to give me a demo but I doubt I'll get a response.

My music is basically like 60-70% rock and 30-40% rap. I just need something that can handle both and I'm sure hearing the Q and the SDC will be enough to let me decide.

I'm sure for that too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.