2.66ohms Final Impedance to an Amp that Bridged is 1000watts at 4 ohms

KevinChuchero

CarAudio.com Newbie
I want to wire 2 super Tweeters and 2 Drivers (all 8ohms and 150rms each meaning 600 watts rms all together). If I wire them in Parallel, final impedance will be about 2.66ohms but the amp im running is a 2000x4 (500 watts each channel at 2ohms and 1000watts bridged at 4ohms.) I only have 2 channels to work with because ch1 & Ch2 will be bridged for the midrange speakers. So ch3 and ch4 are free. What can I do? I dont know if 2.66 ohms will be a problem for the 4ohm Bridged. I was thinking of setting the gains properly to send the speakers approximately 600watts rms. 600x2.66= 1596 and the square root of 1596 is 39.94 volts. So I can set the gains at that and call it a day? Or do I have to worry about something else.

So I can set the gains at that and call it a day? Or do I have to worry about something else.
Best bet is to wire the all in parallel and put a multimeter to them. From what I have been told, when you put a x-over into a midrange/tweeter combo, the voltage is not split but rather shared as it were only 1 speaker. In other words, if you feed the combo 500 watts, the tweeter will get 500 watts and the midrange will get 500 watts. Not 250 and 250.
So in your scenario, the combos will bring the 8 Ohms impedance down to 4 Ohms because of the x-overs. Each tweeter would get 500w and each midrange 500w.Tweeters will actually split the 1000w since they are playing the same frequencies, same for the mids. Mind you, this does not mean you will be playing 2000 watts, but rather 1000 watts @4 Ohms.
I hope this made sense, it is how it was explained to me.

Best bet is to wire the all in parallel and put a multimeter to them. From what I have been told, when you put a x-over into a midrange/tweeter combo, the voltage is not split but rather shared as it were only 1 speaker. In other words, if you feed the combo 500 watts, the tweeter will get 500 watts and the midrange will get 500 watts. Not 250 and 250.
So in your scenario, the combos will bring the 8 Ohms impedance down to 4 Ohms because of the x-overs. Each tweeter would get 500w and each midrange 500w.Tweeters will actually split the 1000w since they are playing the same frequencies, same for the mids. Mind you, this does not mean you will be playing 2000 watts, but rather 1000 watts @4 Ohms.
I hope this made sense, it is how it was explained to me.
Thanks for your comment, midrange will be wired separately, both 8ohm midrange in parallel would be down to 4ohms and will be bridged on channel 1 and 2. The amp bridged is rated at 1000watts @ 4ohms. So is perfect. Im just concerned on the drivers/tweeters. If I wire both tweeters and both drivers together in parallel the final impedance will be around 2.66ohms, so lets just say 3ohm rounded up. That being said, ch 3 and 4 separate is rated at 500 watts each at 2ohm. So based of what you’re saying, do you think if I hook them up to channel 3 alone it will receive about 500 watts with the gains set accordingly? Because I was thinking of bridging them but then bridged the amp is rated at 4ohms. So I will be below whats rated. And Ofcourse I will be setting the gains so I dont send too much power and burn them out.

Just run the amplifier in stereo on those channels. One driver and one tweeter per channel. I am assuming that the amplifier is a Taramps ds 2000x4. It does 325 watts rms per channel at 4 ohms. Which is plenty of power for those speakers.

2 tweeters and 2 drivers. That's 4 speakers. If they are all 8 ohms, that's 2ohms final for one channel, and 4 ohms for two channels. What am I missing?

You're running 1000 watts for mids? How many and what is the wattage?

Are you trying to set the gain for just the other two channels? If you set the gain to that voltage what is it do to your bridged channel? What does it do to the power for the mids?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...