Fiero IB build log

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Hey everyone, just thought I'd share my struggles with you. This is my first build log, so bare with me. I'm 16 and have a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. if you know what it is, you would understand why its difficult to add subs.. lol.

Car subwoofer background:

My first build was two type R 10's in a sealed box between the seats, followed by a 15" Earthquake DBXI15D in a ported box on the passenger's side (where legs are supposed to go). After that, I had a Sundown SA8V2 in a ported box between the seats. My latest build is a Sundown X-10 in an infinite baffle with the front trunk (that's right). I had to remove the heater and AC from behind the dash (AC didn't work anyways). I put an XS D3100 in the stock battery location too. I've basically cut half the car out, haha

I know the sprayfoam is messy and looks like sh*t, so don't even bother. I'll have to scrape it off before my next system :/

Pics:

Front trunk stripped

[/img]

Trunks opened up

I wouldn't have torn it apart like that, but that's just me, I have plans to get one of these and put a ls1 v8 in it ha just to have a sleeper, good job on your build
I know this would make a lot of people mad who restore cars. I was planning to do a Chevy small block conversion too (after high school). Thanks, just thought people would like it because it was different

two DC 8s atm. i had four sundown 8s in it for awhile. ive even had two sundown z15s in it but had to remove the passenger seat to fit that. lol.
Dang... I left the passsenger seat when I put my 15 in, but it was not the most comfortable place to sit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I can't imagine the spl in that mr2 with two 15's! 8's are not bad for a vehicle of this size

Not complaining about him destroying it, I know there's tons of them, I'm just saying I'd have done it differently, but I've seen how small they are and **** near impossible to put any system in

The interior wasn't in the best shape, so I didn't worry too much about ditching it. What would you have done different? I'm changing it again this month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Suggestions are welcome

I should add that I still have all the pieces, just un-bolted. I did not really "destroy anything"

Dang... I left the passsenger seat when I put my 15 in, but it was not the most comfortable place to sit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I can't imagine the spl in that mr2 with two 15's! 8's are not bad for a vehicle of this size
yeah the15's were retarded, just for shits and giggles. heres a couple pics of the box i built for the four 8s that fit perfectly behind the seats.

Wow, I bet that took some craftsmanship. I would be extremely impressed if it fit on the first try

"Measure a rough estimate once, see if it fits, cut 17 more times"- how it seems to go for me, lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.