Factory JBL System VS System From Previous Car

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr. Mavan01

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
Just got a new (used) car after having my parked car get totaled by a drunk.
It’s a 2011 Toyota Camry XLE V6. I’ve never had a factory amp and I’m surprised by how loud the jbl system gets even without a sub. I’m disappointed that the “8 speaker”system is actually only 6.
In the coming days I will put in my Sony XAV 1000 head hit and DD Audio 12’ sub + mono amp. Then I must choose wether to use my Sony XMS400D 4 Channel Micro Amplifier, JL audio C1 690, and pioneer TSG 690 speakers. Opinions on which is better please!

If I installed the speakers I would include my foam fast rings and again sound deaden the doors and rear deck.

I had a JBL premium system in my Prius, it wasnt bad imo, it couldnt get loud without distortion but it was acceptable for such a small amplifier sitting underneath my passengers seat. I ran the stock mids and highs with just a single sub for awhile and it was fine. Eventually I went 2 way active and now its miles better, but it also cost alot more in the end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.