Build a $800 dollar system, what would you go with

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
I already have a Kenwood excelon 793bh head unit

it has basic time alignment. I can set separate tweeter and midrange crossover settings

so let’s spend $800 on the amp, speakers, and subwoofer

looking to have a set of tweeters. What would you use

a set of 5 1/4 front door speakers What would you use

no rear speakers

looking at two 8 inch subs. I want to go sealed on the box. I need to keep it small if I need to take it out

i would like to use a 5 changed amp, But I am also ok with a 4 channel amp and a separate sub amp if it would work out better

Tight, yes. But I think it can be done and still sound way better than factory

i am looking at tweeters in the $100 or less range
massive ct2 tweeters $75 is what I am looking at

5 1/4 size mids in the front doors. infinity kappa perfect $200

subs. In the $200 range. NVX VSW8,s. $100 each

amp. 200 range Rockville db55 is $180

i have wire and fuse, distribution blocks from a previous build
so can save the cost on the install

this leaves $145 to build the box, rca cables, other minor things that will be needed

Are there better options than what is listed above

I would go the Pioneer 8704 over that rockford all day long

Come with 2 Refurbished 10" Sundown SA V1 Rev 3 along with a Sundown SFB 1500.1 for 479.99 plus the 200 roughly for the pioneer you are at 680

You can then do Silver Flutes in the 5.25 that will be 50 for the pair

And then for the tweeters you have many options...The Alpines for 40 bucks shipped

Or a set of Massive CT2s

So if you went that route with the massives you would be at 825.00

With the Alpine tweeters you would be at 790 so 2 options.

Just equipment on the $800

I have a lot of the wire , fuse blocks , distribution blocks ect already

Ok. Well for $800 I have bought used and new. I have purchased Infinity Kappa 690csx (open box) for $180, Zapco ST4D for $150 for front stage. You can get a good setup for $800

Honestly, its harder in my opinion to get a lot of budget stuff because of the whole economy. A lot of stuff is out of stock because of everything going on with us and China

I just received the Dayton ultimax 8 inch sub in the mail. Really nice looking subwoofer. modeling software is showing that it is excellent for sealed applications. I’m using it in a 4th order bandpass due to its efficiency in that enclosure. Good xmax for an 8.

I would take NVX amplifiers over their subs all day long. Those have usually met or exceeded their RMS on dynos. Also yeah those Daytons in the 8s or 10s sound decent in sealed setups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.